Chapter 38

Aeriin stared at her broken window from the couch. The scent of Ani's blood filled her nose, but she did not crave her lover's blood. Instead, she craved her touch. She pulled her knees up to her chest and stared at the blood on the window, fighting back the tears that threatened to pour through.

Taraka put a hand on her shoulder as she sat beside her.

"I'm not in the mood Taraka." Aeriin warned.

"Neither am I." Taraka confessed, getting Aeriin to look at her in almost shock. "Now isn't the time."

"You're just saying that." Aeriin glared.

"I'm not. Ani could be being tortured so its no time to dick around." Taraka said.

"I hate waiting." Aeriin admitted. "Darcel and Morgan can be in trouble, and we're siting here doing nothing."

"They aren't the ones in trouble. You and I both know that." The Succubus said.

Darcel and Morgan had left to go to the guild to see what they were doing to Ani. Since Darcel could possess people, and she wasn't technically a fallen angel, they wouldn't pick her up as being a demon. So it would look like the same old Morgan was going in all by herself.

Morgan exited the elevator and followed the two suited men closely. Two more followed her from behind. But they were not to watch her, as the guild trusted Morgan more than anyone. They were to keep the other members from talking to her.

They led her to a large window, overlooking a large room. In the center of the room was Anikke strapped to a table. The binds that held her were covered in anti-vampire symbols, and they were made up of both metal and leather. Leather prevented the metal from cutting into Anikke's wrists, and the table she was on wasn't a stone or metal slab. Instead it was covered in soft leather, almost like a sofa. But under was metal, to prevent the vampire from escaping.

Ani herself looked to be sleeping, and she had a oxygen mask over her face, but it obviously wasn't pumping her with oxygen. Morgan guessed it was mixed with Nightshade, to keep the vampire in a drowsy state of mind. She was in a different outfit than the one she was brought in wearing. Sweat pants and a tank-top. She guessed they weren't treating her like crap.

"You're keeping her comfortable?" Morgan questioned the egghead standing in front of the window, looking down at the other scientists who walked around the vampire holding clipboards and needles.

"We have no intention of killing her. Once we find a way to harness the power of her blood without her fangs, we intend to cure her of vampirism and return her to Aeriin." The Doctor explained.

"Cure her? You can't cure her. She's a pureblood." Morgan glared. "She doesn't have human blood to fall back to."

"That's not what tests show. Her DNA is made up of many different types of demons."

"That's her Unique. She can take the blood, strength, and abilities of anyone she sinks her teeth into. Her blood is still pure vampire. If you try to take that from her, her body won't be able to sustain itself and she'll die." Morgan explained.

"You seem to know a lot about this. Have you been speaking with her?" The doctor asked as he turned to look at her.

"You've asked me to pretend to care haven't you?" Morgan asked, getting Darcel to feel a little uncomfortable in her body. "That involves me asking stupid questions to get them to trust me." Morgan said.

"And you believe what she tells you?"

"When she, and books say the same thing, yes." Morgan nodded. "If you try and cure her, she will die. Or your cure will do nothing. But it's more likely that she'll just die."