Chapter 32

Aeriin took a while to get used to Ani's new... Touch. She didn't feel entirely dead, nor did she look it. Color returned to her body, and her heart gently beat in her chest.

But this change was not without its cost. Ani was now part angel, by absorbing Azazel's soul, she surrendered herself to the supposed "holiness" they stood for. The killing of demons.

Which she was half of.

And two of lived in her house.

This often caused the new mark on the back of her left hand to cause her slight amounts of pain, as if warning her of a demon close by. After a few days though, it began to ignore Darcel and Taraka's presence. But this Demon Detector on her arm proved to be much more powerful than the senses she already had. In class there were several students whom caused her hand to hurt but she could not sense them with her vampiric half.

Speaking of school, it became apparent to them that the other students had no recollection of Alex in the first place. It was as though his entire presence was erased from the human world. This was perhaps Kaage's influence by order of Agora. This way it would appear that Ani was the only demon, if they had been found out in the first place.

However, this angelic side to Ani only made her demonic side want to come out more often. Like she wanted to test this new side of herself. She continued to lust after Aeriin every chance she got and Fridays were still her favorite days. But it took Aeriin some getting used to as well. Her touch was now different, still filled with unconditional love but now warm.

Alive.

It also seemed she had some control over breathing or not. If she focused she could make herself not have to breathe, but otherwise she needed oxygen. It was a feeling she would much rather not have to deal with, but it wasn't as though she could choose to have it anymore.

To Aeriin, she also seemed... less focused. Like her thoughts were always elsewhere, but her body was always paying attention.

It was apparent that she was trying to hide this from her teacher, like her mind was tying to figure something out while her body pretended to be paying attention.

Ani? What are you thinking about. She asked.

She flinched then glanced over her shoulder just as the bell rang, causing her to flinch again like she didn't expect the time. Aeriin narrowed her eyes.

Ani was never unable to pay attention to everything. Was something happening to her brain?

Aeriin got up and sat in the empty seat beside Ani as she didn't look like she wanted to get up.

Aeriin waited for the other students to leave, then glanced up at the teacher who was sitting at his desk. The man rolled his eyes before putting ear buds in and cranking up the volume so loud Aeriin could hear it. Or maybe it wasn't that loud. She had werewolf ears now right?

Either way the teacher was correcting papers and paying them no attention.

"Ani, what's wrong?" She asked. "You're acting weird."

Ani moved her hand out from under the desk revealing the white glowing mark on the back of her hand before pointing to the teacher causing him to raise his head due to the sudden light. He pulled one earbud out and raised an eyebrow.

"Can I help you Anikke?" He asked.

"Just answer, are you a demon?" She asked.

The teacher paused before glaring. "I am your teacher not a demon, how dare-"

"No offense sir, but we're members of the Hunter's Guild. Don't try any of that crap please." Aeriin told him.

He sighed deeply and pulled the other ear bud out. "I technically didn't lie. I'm not a demon." He confessed. "That mark on your hand is an Angel's blessing. I say this because the expression of pain tells me you just got it and don't quite understand it. It reveals the presence of anything inhuman. They do not have to be a demon. Aeriin, what is my last name?"