Chapter 34

Aeriin yawed loudly and stretched over her desk. It had been a few hours since she went upstairs, and she had only just finished her homework. She rested her head in her arms and closed her eyes, too tired to get in her bed.

A few minutes after she went upstairs, she could sense Anikke's discomfort, and she knew the vampire got into an argument with Darcel. However she didn't want to go downstairs and pick a side without knowing the full story, though she could have guessed what happened. She knew the two of them saw things from a different perspective, and she knew that Darcel had a big mouth, it came with being an Angel.

To be honest she was more worried about the Valkyrie probably being raped by Taraka. She didn't need to have her powers to kill one of them. All she'd need is a blunt or bladed object, and she could kill one of them easily.

More specifically, she could kill Aeriin easily.

Aeriin's hand went to her neck where Anikke had bit her to gift her immortality. For some reason she could still feel the slight indent in her skin, like this bite was a permanent scar, a reminder of her choice. She certainly didn't feel immortal. Especially since she was still going to school.

School... she hadn't even thought of that... Would she want to go to college? Could she go to a four year school when she would never age again? She loved the vampire to hell and back, but she did rush into her decision. That much was obvious.

But a smile crossed her lips when she thought of how much she loved the vampire, and she knew she wouldn't regret her choice. Anikke suffered near heart break because she thought Aeriin didn't love her, so she knew that the vampire would love her endlessly. She had no reason to regret her decision especially since she was spending eternity with someone she cared for more than anyone else on the planet.

Once again she felt Ani's discomfort, but she couldn't tell what it was for. Then she sighed, and took an estimated guess.

Get up here. She called to her companion.

I'll stay down here. Ani answered.

Fine. Keep listening to the two demons fucking each other's brains out while you sit down there curled up alone. Aeriin retorted.

When she didn't get an answer she knew the vampire was on her way. She turned as the door opened, and Ani's eyes were on the floor, trying not to meet the hunter's gaze.

"We're both adults Anikke." Aeriin said as she stood up then sat at the foot of the bed and smiled at Ani as the Arch Angel shivered and closed the door behind her, locking it and putting a seal over the door preventing anyone from opening it. "You're too lustful."

"It's not as though I could get you pregnant." Ani admitted as she walked towards the hunter. Since she was the one to offer early sex Ani was no longer shy about asking. She was so frightened of scaring Aeriin off that she was willing to suffer in silence rather than ask.

You know... cuz it wasn't Friday.

"I'm supposed to believe that when you have more magic than a fucking unicorn on crack?" Aeriin questioned as Ani straddled the hunter and trailed kisses down the side of her neck.

"You've never seen a unicorn, so how would you know how much magic they have?" Ani answered the question with a question of her own.

"I'm only assuming." Aeriin admitted.

Ani's soft kisses turned to gentle nibbles, as if testing for the best place to insert her fangs. Aeriin responded by wrapping her arms around the vampire as she leaned back onto the bed. Her fingers finding rest in the demon's brown hair.