Chapter 9

Ani woke with her face buried in Aeriin's neck. She felt the need to sink her fangs back into it, and she might have even opened her mouth to do so, but she caught herself quickly and raised her head sleepily. Even though she didn't have a nightmare, due to invading Aeriin's dream, she felt more tired than usual.

She looked down at her arms that were tightly wrapped around Aeriin who was still laying on her back, her eyes closed.

Ani smiled softly and rested her head back in the crook of Aeriin's neck, closing her eyes again. She didn't need to be awake right now, so she didn't mind waiting for Aeriin, escpecially since if she moved her arms she'd probably wake her up.

It took a couple more minutes but Aeriin yawned loudly and Ani opened one eye. "Jeez, I slept like a rock." Aeriin smiled.

"Yep. You were out cold before I even finished drinking." Ani answered.

"Must have been tired."

"We both were."

"Should we check on our buddies downstairs?" Aeriin questioned.

"No, they can't leave the basement." Ani yawned herself.

"The spell is that strong?"

"Yep."

"Well I have to go to the bathroom so you need to get up." Aeriin answered as she tapped Ani's arm.

The vampire groaned and rolled off her, releasing the hunter from her vice grip. Aeriin got up and grabbed a change of clothes and went for a shower. She blow dried her hair as to not accidentally harm Ani in any way. When she got out, Ani wasn't in the bed, so she went downstairs to look for her. When she couldn't find her in the house she went down into the basement finding her standing on the stairs.

"Are they not in their rooms?" Aeriin asked.

"No, they're in their rooms." Ani answered.

"Then why are you standing here?"

"I had a thought."

"Hmm?"

"If I had sex with Taraka because I can't have sex with you without killing you, would that be cheating?"

"Yes."

"Kay, I'll behave." Ani sighed.

Aeriin rolled her eyes.

"Sorry."

"I guess I'm glad you asked before you acted."

"I don't want to do something you won't like. I don't want to hurt you." Ani answered. "I'll always ask because I don't want to ruin our relationship."

"I'm glad." She gave her a pat on the back. "I have to go to school, keep an eye on those two."

"Mhm."

"And stay in the basement."

Ani groaned. "I was going to! You're so mean!" Ani walked down the steps and leaned over the couch collapsing on it where she grabbed the remote and turned the tv on. "Can you get me a game console or something?"

"I'll think about it." Aeriin shrugged. "I'll be back later. See ya."

"See ya."

Aeriin headed upstairs and Ani flicked through the channels looking for something to watch. "I wish I could go to school." She muttered.

Darcel came out of her room with a yawn. "Oh? You're up already? I thought you'd be asleep for a while longer."

"What makes you say that?"