Chapter 15

Ani burried her face in her pillow as she groaned. However even her groans sounded like her voice was being projected through a raspy speaker, distorting her sounds.

She raised her head slightly and looked at the wall where a picture of Aeriin lay taped to her head board.

"I have to go to the local Hunter's Guid. Have this picture so you don't get lonely okay? If you need anything Darcel is here, but I'm taking Taraka so she doesn't try fucking you." Aeriin had told her.

Sure enough, the Fallen Angel came in with a tray of food.

"Who told you you could come in my room?" Ani asked.

"Aeriin did. She told me not to leave you alone." Darcel answered as she set the tray on the nightstand.

"Did she now?" Ani sighed as she burried her face back into the pillow.

"You're not even going to to tell me to piss off?"

"Why bother?" Ani retorted. "You're not going to leave."

"Well I wouldn't have a choice but to leave. You have a collar around my neck." Darcel admitted.

"So who's the food for?" Ani asked, changing the subject.

"Just answer my question. Why the collars? Why couldn't you have just killed us? Why do we have to be slaves instead?" Darcel asked.

Ani raised her head and glared, and Darcel was sure she had pushed the vampire over the line, and tested her rage. However, Ani didn't make any move to attack her, even if her bronze eyes burned holes into the Angel.

"Protection." Ani answered.

"So we're just body guards?"

"Were you hoping for another reason?"

"I'm not stupid. There's another reason to it." Darcel returned Ani's glare, trying to hold her ground against her Mistress.

"You're treading on thin ice." Ani warned.

"I have to know, its eating away at me." Darcel admitted.

Ani held her glare before sighing, and resting her chin back on the pillow so she could look at the picture of her girlfriend on the wall. "Vampires are lonely by nature. I'm hoping, the more people I have around, the less lonely I'll be."

"That's it?" Darcel questioned. "You're just lonely?"

"I'm hoping to bring your light back too."

"Good luck."

"I've been watching you, and you don't seem as evil as you could be." Ani explained. "In all honesty, you seem kind."

"Well you're heartless, so how would you know good and evil?" Darcel asked.

Ani raised her head again, her bronze eyes burning into Darcel's soul. The angel had to fight the erg not to drop to her knees and beg for forgiveness.

"I've watched hunters fight for good longer than you've been alive." Ani retorted.

"Either way. You need to relax." Darcel sighed as she sat on the chair beside the bed. "The food is for you."

"I don't eat human food." Ani answered.

"Its not human food."

Ani glanced over at the tray finding what looked like tomato soup.

"Is it yours?"

"No. Its from one of the transfusion packets. I added some nightshade to ease the pain, but not enough to knock you out."