Chapter 10

Aeriin sighed deeply as she held her phone to her ear and listened to the man on the other end of the line. She smiled as Ani came into the room, like she thought the vampire could make her happy like she always does.

But Ani's expression told her there was something on her mind. Aeriin finished up her phone call and took Ani's hand, pulling her to the couch where the two of them sat down. "What happened?" Aeriin asked.

"It's not important." Ani answered. "Who was on the phone?"

"Hunter's Guild. They want us to go investigate a cabin up in Alaska."

"What?"

"It would be a paid vacation."

"But its cold up there..."

"We don't have a choice. The last three hunters who were sent were killed, and now there's four of us to take it on."

"I guess." Ani sighed. "When do we leave?"

"They want us on the plane by today." Aeriin answered. "Go get Darcel and Taraka."

Ani sighed and went downstairs, returning with the Succubus and Angel, all three of them had packed bags.

Aeriin went up to her room and grabbed her own bag, and the four of them got into Aeriin's car, which she had gotten from the school today after leaving it because of being rushed out the day before. Aeriin drove to the airport and they borded the plane with no questions asked by the people working there. Ani got the window seat and sat beside Aeriin because she was not a fan of heights. Darcel and Taraka sat in the seats beside them, leaving Taraka closest to the center of the plane as the rows were in fours.

Ani leaned forward to look at Taraka. "You can only steal the souls and powers from evil people and demons." She told them.

The two of them nodded in understanding.

Ani's goal was to purify their souls so they wouldn't be cruel. However she was a little nervous being pinned up against the edge of the plane when she could loose herself at any moment. Seeing as it would take several hours for them to get there.

However, with Aeriin's hand gripping her own due to the fact she wasn't a fan of being thousands of feet in the air, she actually felt calm.

"You know, your Stargazer could have just teleported us there." Darcel said.

"I get sick to my stomach whenever she teleports me." Aeriin admitted.

"But it looks like you're suffering." Taraka asked.

"It'll pass after an hour or so." Aeriin smiled guiltily.

Ani sighed deeply and looked out the window at the land passing by.

"You should help your master overcome her fear of heights." Darcel told Ani.

"She'll be fine, and it doesn't effect her job so it doesn't matter to me." Ani shrugged.

"Or so you say. It makes her hesitate." Darcel admitted.

"Does it?" Aeriin questioned.

"You would have shot me right away, but you had to look down to see how high you were." Darcel explained. "So you hesitated."

"I guess I kinda did." Aeriin smiled softly. "But Ani's got my back."

"Always." Ani answered, smiling back at Aeriin.

Taraka smiled over at a man in the other row, waving and smiling seductively at him. Darcel stepped on her foot getting her to yelp in surprise. "What?!" She whispered.

"His soul is pure, you can't have sex with him." Darcel answered.

"I'm being polite." Taraka answered with a growl. "Relax."

"Yeah, that grin definately says 'I hope you have a nice flight!'" Darcel glared. "Do you want Ani to tear you apart?"

Taraka's hand went to her neck and covered the bite mark. "Y-yeah... you have a point." She sighed.

Darcel pat her friend on the knee. "Just do what she says and we'll be fine. There are plenty of people on this plane who have cruel hearts so we're alright."

"Well you can sense them, I can't." Taraka glared.

"Then it's a good thing I'm here isn't it?" Darcel smiled.

"Tell me about it." Taraka sighed and leaned back into her chair, moving her arms over hear head. "What would I do without you?"

"You wouldn't be on this plane right now." Darcel answered.

"I don't mind it so much. She was only mean to me because I pushed her."

"Give her a break then."

"I will." She nodded. "I'm gonna leave her be no matter how much I want to fuck her brains out."

"There are children on this plane!" A woman behind them shouted.

"My bad." Taraka smirked since the woman couldn't see her face.

"You're such an idiot." Darcel rolled her eyes.

"I can't help it. Look at her, don't tell me you're not at all attracted to her?" Taraka smiled.

Darcel could't stop herself from looking over at her master. Ani had her elbow resting on the armrest on her left side while she held up her chin as she looked out the window. Her hair was tied back in a small pony tail since her hair was already short. However some strands escaped from their binds and shaped around her face. Even from here, Darcel could see there wasn't a single pimple or mark on her flawless skin. However she could see a tattoo peeking out from the collar of her shirt. She couldn't exactly see what it was but it looked like the tip of a rose or something.

"I'll admit she's pretty." Darcel whispered.

"Exactly. But we can't have her because she chose the human over us."

"Thats not our decision to make." Darcel glared at her friend.

"Still. She's just going to end up hurting her."

"You guys are really bad at whispering." Ani said, without even looking at them. The two of them sat up quickly as if they expected her to tear them apart, but they relaxed when Ani made no attempt at moving.

"Let's just... stop talking for now... okay?" Darcel smiled guiltily.

"Y-yeah." Taraka nodded.

A few hours of plane travel, and Taraka became restless. Knowing this feeling, she had Darcel point out a "victim" before getting up and using her charm to get him to go to the bathroom with her. The two of them ignored the disgusted looks of the other passangers.

"I hate Succubi." Ani muttered.

"So you hate her?" Darcel asked.

"I don't hate her as much as I hate what she does." Ani answered. "She's a good person, but the things she does bugs me."

"She can't help it."

"I know." Ani sighed. "Which is why I only blame her when she tries to seduce me. Her magic doesn't work on me because my will is too strong. A human is a sitting duck for her charms and spells."

"So would I be affected?" Aeriin asked.

"Probably not." Ani answered. "But who knows."

"That doesn't make me feel any better."

"If she had sex with you, that would hurt you, so she can't because I ordered her not to." Ani answered.

"Can you guys knock it off with the aweful conversations!?" The woman behind them growled. "It's disgusting and we don't need to hear it!"

Ani rolled her eyes.