Chapter 6

Aeriin woke with a yawn. She was halfway hanging off the bed, Ani's arms wrapped around her midsection as if to make sure she didn't fall. The glass of water was on the floor empty, whether it was from spilling or from her drinking it, she didn't remember.

The bag of crackers was half empty, telling her that she was restless but also distracted. She wished she could remember what she was thinking when the was under the effect of Dragon's Breath.

She rolled towards Ani, to get herself away from the edge of the bed. The vampire groaned as Aeriin moved, but relaxed when her arms wrapped around her. Ani snuggled into the Huntress happily.

Aeriin couldn't deny it though, Ani was pretty. And she was undeniably loyal to her.

Ani yawned loudly and opened her eyes slowly. Their luminecence lighting illuminating Aeriin's face, causing her to close her eyes, as her own were adjusted to the dark of night.

"Morning." Aeriin smiled.

"It is not morning." Ani answered. "Well, It's A-M, but its not anywhere near a time I want to get up."

"Get up, please."

"Why do you tell everyone we're dating?" Ani asked.

"Why not?" Aeriin asked. "I don't see a problem with it."

"There isn't a problem with it. I just don't know why you do it. Its weird and hard to explain." Ani answered.

"Well why would it bug you?" Aeriin asked.

"I don't know." Ani answered. "It's just weird for me."

"If you want I can tell everyone we broke up, but I can't promise that boys and girls won't come running after me, and I definately can't keep Stella away from you."

Ani sat up. "You don't have to tell them we broke up!.... And if Stella tries to date me I will kill her..." She narrowed her eyes.

"If you kill her Rose will reject you and allow your mother to take you back."

"I'll kill all my mother's slaves, but I think Rose wouldn't mind so much if I killed someone who might accidentally blow my cover."

"Is that why you obey me when I tell you to stay home? You don't want anyone to find out about you?"

"Exactly!" Ani said. "If I go out, not only would you get super pissed if you found out, but we don't want the humans knowing the demons and monsters exist!"

Aeriin sighed and sat up herself. "What time is it?"

Ani looked over her shoulder at the digital clock on the nightstand. "It's six."

"Well I don't need another hour of sleep so I should be f-"

RING! RING! RING!

"Damn it." Aeriin growled. She reached over and grabbed her phone, answering it.

"There's a Vampire and two Shades attacking humans at a bar downtown. You're needed there now. Morgan has already been contacted." Click!

"Get your things. We have to go now." Aeriin told her.

Ani blinked then jumped out of bed to get ready.

---

The two made it to the bar just as Morgan ran up with her huge black wolf. By ran up, she was actually riding it like a horse. Morgan wore metal boots and metal gauntlets like some hunter of old. A red scarf was around her neck, and a leather vest covered her torso. She had cargo pants on, similar to the ones Ani wore. But Ani wore normal combat boots and a zip up hoodie once again.