Chapter 13

Ani stared out the window of the airplane, watching the land pass underneath her. Her companions sat beside her, eating their in flight meals.

"See, airline food does suck. I used to think it was just a comedian joke because they always say it, but its really shitty." Darcel sighed.

"Well its not like they can use a kitchen on an airplane." Aeriin rolled her eyes.

"Why not? This plane is huge, there must be like two floors and plenty of room for a kitchen." Taraka asked.

Ani glanced back at her companions as they bickered and complained. It must be nice to be young with time being your only true enemy. To be able to enjoy the moment as it is, with all its quirks and pains. It's still a worthy life to live.

"I'm going to have to ask you to quiet down." A flight attendant said as she stood next to them. "Everyone is complaining that you're too noisy."

"We're noisy?" Darcel asked.

"Listen ma'am we're not-"

"Pardon my companions ma'am" Ani smiled. "They're far to energetic even for me. If you'd like to lock them up in baggage, I wouldn't argue. But I don't think you can, so from now on they'll be on their best behavior."

"Hey you can't-"

"Best behavior." Ani glared at Taraka getting her to sit up straight in her chair before she continued to eat her food. Darcel quickly joined her, and Aeriin smiled.

"Demons right?" Aeriin shrugged.

The flight attendent laughed. "You'd think their gremlins." She walked off with a smile on her face.

"She has a point." Ani smiled once again as she nudged Aeriin with her am.

"So she does. Behave yourselves guys."

"It's not like we can get kicked off the plane. We're in mid flight, and we still have a couple hours to go." Darcel answered. "And we weren't that noisy anyway, people are just complaining."

"So were you two. About the food." Ani growled.

"You were listening?"

"I listen to everything that goes on." Ani rolled her eyes.

"That's pretty awesome." Taraka smiled. "Read my thoughts."

"I am, but I don't hear anything." Ani offered.

"Dick move." Taraka glared.

Ani went to look back out the window but flinched and looked over her shoulder.

"What is it?" Aeriin asked.

"There are Hunters on the plane." Ani answered.

"So? We're working for Hunters. So they have no reason to attack us." Darcel offered.

"They smell like my mother." Ani answered.

Taraka's fork hit the plate. "Stargazer Thralls?"

"Yes. Be careful." Ani looked over her shoulder again, watching two of what appeared to be flight attendants walk down the row towards them. When Ani looked forward, two more were walking from the other direction.

"There are too many people here for a direct confrontation." Aeriin said. "If they attack we have to run."

"I'm not running." Ani growled.

"Two on two?" Darcel smiled.

"We'll take the two in back." Taraka smirked as she gave a thumbs up. "I'll cast a charm so the humans won't know what's happening."