Chapter 22

"Ani? Ani, I know you're in there. Come on out." Aeriin said as she knocked on the door with her good hand. "Unlock the door."

When no answer came she sighed. "I'll break the door down." She warned, only then did she hear footsteps come towards the door.

Ani stood in the doorframe looking tired and pained, like she had just walked through hell but not sustained any injuries.

"Come upstairs, lets go watch a movie together. You need to rest."

"Yeah, I think I'll keep sleeping." Ani answered.

"I heard you yelling. You're not sleeping." Aeriin narrowed her eyes. "Let me in." The huntress went to push the door in, but Ani gripped the door and pushed her own.

"Can you please just leave me alone?" Ani glared. "I'm not looking for company right now okay?!"

Aeriin glared herself. "What the fuck is wrong with you lately? You've been nothing but a total ass hat and its disgraceful. After everything we've been through."

"Maybe its just not worth it then!" Ani growled. "Maybe you just don't trust me enough."

Aeriin's eyes widened before she took a step back. "F-Fine! I can take a hint." Aeriin shook her head and made her way upstairs, trying not to look back at Ani who watched her go before slamming the door, her expression breaking before falling to her knees.

"See? Was that so hard?" Alice smiled as she knelt in front of Ani and grabbed her chin in her hand, forcing the Stargazer to look back at her. "Now the human is out of the way, and there's no more problems."

"I'm going to tear out your soul!" Ani snarled as she went to jump forward, but her wrists seemed to be held down, even as her eyes turned red and she leaned forwards, her fangs bared in a hiss.

"See, this isn't how we get the monster out." Alice smiled. "You want to be back to normal right? And I'm the only one who can do it."

"It's not worth it without her!" Ani yelled.

"Yell all you want, I'm smart enough to block out the sound. She's not coming to rescue you, and you can't move." Alice smiled devilishly.

"You've taken everything from me!" Ani roared.

"Isn't it fun to ruin people's lives? After all you made Kaage run off like a little bitch. For some reason, he's afraid of you."

"He should be. Just like you should be!"

Alice laughed and took the scarf off her own neck and wrapped it around Ani's eyes. "Sad to say, I'm not." Alice smiled before grabbing Ani by her neck and throwing her onto the bed.

Ani went to get up and move, but her body wouldn't respond to her. "What are you going to do Alice?" Ani growled.

"What do you think?" Alice asked. "The spell prevents you from lifting a finger against me. I can finally get revenge for you making me look weak in front of so many vampires."

"You are weak Alice. You're pathetic."

"I'm not the one limp on the bed."

"Speaking of which, you're going to rape your own cousin?"

"Rape? That's disgusting. Even if you are supposedly lusting over everything that moves, incest isn't my thing."

"Really? Last time I checked, aren't you fucking your father and brother?"

Alice grabbed the back of Ani's neck, her fingers digging into Ani's soft flesh, drawing blood. "As if I get a choice. Not all of us get to live happily ever after in our palace with a loving family." Venom dripping from her words like dagger posed for the kill.