Chapter 11

Aeriin joined the others with a collective sigh of relief as they left the airport. The woman who sat behind them ruined all the fun they could have had by talking on the plane, as evenutally the simplest dirty remark became something they should only ever talk about in private.

Apparently.

Damn adults.

"We should get to the cabin." Aeriin said.

"Why not a hotel?" Darcel asked.

"We're staying in the cabin."

"What!? Why!?" Ani, Darcel and Taraka all asked.

"Because it's a public hunting cabin, and the last six people who stayed there, along with the other hunters sent to investigate were killed." Aeriin explained.

"Then we shouldn't sleep there!" Taraka answered as they all got into the van taking them to the edge of the woods.

"We don't have a choice." Aeriin said. "Relax guys. Jeez. We'll be fine."

"Says you!" Darcel growled.

"We have Ani." Aeriin smiled.

"That doesn't asure us." Taraka glared.

"Maybe I'll do the demon's job and kill you two just for ha-has." Ani glared.

"We'll go sleep in the cabin." Darcel sighed, even though deep down she was sure the vampire was planning on killing them in their sleep.

It took another hour to get to the forest, and two hours in a jeep to get to the cabin, and as soon as they got out of the jeep, the driver drove off without saying a word.

"That doesn't seem good." Taraka watched the jeep drive off into the trees before vanishing entirely.

"He was a coward." Ani answered. "He lost a bet so he had to bring us here."

Aeriin rolled her eyes. "Let's just get settled."

"I'll go anywhere as long as I can stay in the same room as Ani." Taraka said.

"She's not going to protect you." Darcel warned.

"It's still going to be the safest place!"

"We're all sleeping in the living room." Aeriin rolled her eyes.

Ani pushed opened the cabin door, finding everything neatly set up like an actual hunting cabin. Ani stepped in first and sniffed the air before motioning to her companions that it was clear. The four of them went in, Aeriin closing the door behind her.

"No TV." Taraka noted.

"There's no way we'd have cable out here, shit we probably don't have power!" Darcel answered as she glared at Taraka.

"We don't have power, so relax." Ani answered.

"That's easy for you to say, you can see in the dark."

"You're both demons. So you both should have better night vision." Ani glared. "So quit your bitching and start unpacking."

The two just did as they were told, and sat on the chairs, opening their bags and going through their things.

"What's wrong Ani?" Aeriin asked. "You've been more cranky than usual."

"I'm fine." She answered. "I'm... I'm just having weird dreams that are causing me a lot of problems."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"N-No... but... but just don't leave me alone okay?"

Aeriin raised an eyebrow but nodded. "I'll keep you busy."