Chapter 19

Aeriin swore these phone calls was slowly killing her. "She needs to be watched at all times. She's becoming too powerful to just be left alone. You need to collar her, otherwise someone is going to have to put her down."

"I'm not going to kill her when she got that power to save my life!" Aeriin growled into the phone.

"If you don't collar her, we don't have a choice but to get involved. We don't want you to be attacked on all sides but you aren't giving us a choice."

"You think we care? If you attack us you're breaking the treaty!"

"We won't be breaking the treaty when she's collecting powers of other Purebloods who can attack souls. She's going to have the power to over throw us very soon, and we can't allow that. We can't let her become a threat, otherwise its a danger to all of humanity. What if she gives up on her humanity and chooses to attack humans instead?"

"She'll never do that!"

"Morgan has told us she's starting to exhibit traits of going feral. She's loosing herself in the slaughter of demons, what's stopping her from killing us instead?"

"You don't know her like I do."

"And we don't want to. She is an asset and nothing more. If she kills one human, or causes any harm to one, we're going to send hunters to kill her unless you collar her like the animal she is. You are a hunter and she is a Pureblood Vampire."

"If she was a Daughter of Rose would you still treat her like an animal?"

"The Nightshades do not leave Exodious, so yes, we would treat her the same. They don't belong here, and therefor they have to reason to be hunting our people."

"You think you can stop Kaage and Alice Daybreaker?"

"We can because we don't have a choice. They need to die, so we need to hunt them. We'll kill the Daybreakers and any other demon who chooses to come to our world and hunt our people."

"I'm not going to collar her."

"Then you leave us no-"

"You hunt her when she's done nothing but obey everything you have asked of her. She's gone to school even though she's hated the idea, she's stopped me from turning into a werewolf because you'd kill me if I became a demon. If it was up to her I'd be immortal and well on my way to Exodious. But she's remained here with me to protect the humans here."

"The choice isn't up to us. Tame her or send her away. We want nothing to do with their kind, and they've brought their war here for us to deal with. We're not giving you a choice because they've made it so we don't have one either. Good day."

Click.

Aeriin put her phone on her desk and a growl found its way to her chest. She wanted to throw her phone across her room, and make the guild pay for a new one. She put her hands on her head and sighed deeply, trying to calm down.

Ani told her that although she probably couldn't hear it, there was a wolf inside her body that would influence her to unleash her anger instead of hold it back. She had to remain calm in order to control it, but the guild didn't make it easy when all they did was complain and tell her to kill the person she loved.

She sat down at her desk and exhaled deeply before resting her head in her arms as she closed her eyes, leaned against her desk. However before she could relax a gentle hand touched her shoulder. She jumped, not expecting Ani to have come up stairs.

She looked up at her companion and frowned. "You should be downstairs resting. Alice hurt you pretty bad." Aeriin told her.

"I'm fine." Ani shrugged. "You though, look like you could use a nap."