Chapter 36

Aeriin felt the coldness of her own body, like she was freezing to death but without the pain. She could smell Anikke's scent nearby but it was something she wasn't really used to when her face wasn't buried in her neck. She felt Ani take hold of her hand gently, and that's when she realized she was in a bed.

The room around her felt different, and she could sense that she was in Ani's room. Why had the vampire brought her down to her room? And not her own?

I'm not human anymore... am I? Aeriin asked herself.

As if on cue her throat and mouth began to burn. A whine escaped her jaw as she arched off the bed and crushed down on Ani's hand tightly.

"Hush Aeriin." Anikke's calm voice called to her. "You're not fully awake yet. Just let it happen, otherwise it'll just hurt more." The hunter could feel the vampire's breath on her ear. She was whispering soft nothings in her ear, trying to keep her calm as her blood boiled.

She could feel a bubbling under her skin, like something was trying to claw its way out of her flesh and reveal itself to the world. Regardless to what Anikke had told her, she refused to let it out and instead buried it under her self control and emotions. Aeriin struggled under Ani's hold, as the vampire was now pinning her to the bed, trying to prevent her from getting up.

"Do you need help?" Came Darcel's voice.

"It has to be me." Ani retorted. "I'm supposed to be her new master."

"Then can't you order her still?" Morgan asked.

"I'm not ordering her around!" Ani hissed. "That isn't fair to her."

Aeriin whined, and when her mouth closed her fang nearly went through her tongue, however she could feel the small wound healing quicker, almost like the hole was never there. Even her own blood caused the bloodlust to flow through out her body like an infection. She grabbed hold of Ani and gripped her shirt tightly.

"Leave." The vampire ordered the others.

"What if you need help?" Darcel asked.

"I won't." Anikke answered. The two sighed before leaving the room, trying to ignore the struggling hunter trying to free herself from the vampire's grasp.

"Aeriin. Aeriin sweetie. Listen to my voice okay. Only listen to my voice." Ani called to her. "I need you to wake up now okay? I need you to open your eyes."

Aeriin wanted to beg Ani to make it all go away, but the words caught in her throat and were replaced my an animalistic cry.

"I'm right here Aeriin. And I'm not going anywhere." Ani called.

Aeriin could feel the dark veil lifting and her mind clearing other than the horrid feeling in her mouth and throat, like a searing pain begging to be taken care of. Then a sharp pain in her stomach, like she hadn't eaten in days. How long had she been asleep?

"Shh." Ani whispered as the hunter began to relax as everything became apparent to her. She was realizing her situation and understanding what was happening to her body. She wasn't human anymore, she was a vampire, and this pain was because she was starving, but not for food, for blood.

Where does blood come from again?

Her eyes opened, illuminating Ani's face in a blood red glow. At first, Aeriin wanted to ask Ani what was going on, but then she could almost feel the blood flowing in her companion's veins, and her eyes drifted to her neck. The vampire released the hunter's body and leaned back, allowing her to sit up as she herself sat beside her on the bed.

"Just let it out Aeriin. You can't hurt me." Anikke told her as she touched the hunter's face lightly.

Aeriin moved over where she pinned Anikke to the bed and bared her fangs with a hiss. Ani looked like she attempted to make herself comfortable but gave up as Aeriin sunk her teeth into her neck. Ani seemed to tense like it hurt before relaxing again. Aeriin gripped the vampire's shirt tightly, holding onto her as if daring her to try and run or escape.