Chapter 39

Darcel watched as Aeriin pulled her jacket on and zipped it up.

"Are you sure you want to go?" Darcel questioned.

"Do you really think I'm going to let you girls go get my girlfriend?" Aeriin asked.

"Well... you're not fully in control of your powers. So I mean... you might end up doing more harm than-"

"Let the poor woman do what she wants Darcel." Seraphim called as she walked over and corrected Aeriin's jacket. "She's free to do whatever she pleases, in fact, you should be bending to her will."

"I don't bend to anyone's wills anymore." Darcel glared at her sister as Azazel and Taraka came up the steps followed by Herja and Morgan. "What's that bitch doing here?" Darcel asked as she glared at Herja.

"She wanted to help... but I can't imagine her actually helping, so when shots start being fired, I'm holding her in front of me." Taraka explained.

"Good. Let me make this clear then." Aeriin said as she walked over to Herja and put a finger to her chest. "You're life, means fuck all to me. I couldn't care less if the guild experimented on you for the rest of your life. You're nothing, and even if you save Ani's life, you're still nothing because of what you did. Clear?"

"Crystal. Now can we get on with this?" Herja answered, barely giving Aeriin a second glance before looking at Azazel for the go.

Azazel paid her no mind, and instead faced Aeriin. "Your blood may be pure, but it can be cured. Darcel and Morgan told us you planned acquiring Panacea."

"Yes." Aeriin nodded.

"We sent our Angels out to look for it, but I doubt they'll come up with anything more of a location. The dangers are high, but-"

"We already know the location." Darcel admitted.

"They're searching more thoroughly." Sera added. "We plan to narrow down your search."

"Either way, you're off to Greece." Azazel explained.

"Panacea is a Greek myth, thought to be the Elixir of Life or the Philiospher's Stone. Its ingredients are common, but to bind them together you need a mythical source that you'll only get in Greece. And knowing our luck there'll only be one person alive that knows how to do it. Or maybe even one vial left." Taraka started before Azazel smacked her upside the head.

"Regardless." Sera sighed. "You have our swords. We will go with you for a frontal assault. Hopefully when the guards see us they will surrender, but if they don't, we'll fight tooth and nail for Anikke."

"Thank you." Aeriin smiled softly. "Let's get this over with. I want my Anikke back." She headed out the door, with the others. Morgan drove the car there, with Aeriin in the back with Taraka and Herja, and Darcel in the passenger's seat. Azazel and Seraphim vanished, and reappeared when the group pulled into the front of the facility.

The building was mostly hidden on a forest drive, in much the same manner as Anikke hid her portal. But the building was massive. But the upper floors only held the fake offices which was an actual company paid to cover for the guild which hid underneath. The company logo was an owl sitting on top of an olive branch. Aeriin didn't know what the hell it stood for even after she's come to the building a hundred times.

Darcel looked over at Aeriin before they got out of the car. "Your eyes are still red, wear these." She handed the Huntress sun glasses which she reluctantly put on.

Aeriin was surprised because her vampire eyes barely registered a change. It was as though her eyes instantly adjusted to the shade of her glasses, and forced the world to return to its natural color like the focusing of a camera lens. If there was anything about being a vampire she would miss, it would be the crazy good senses she had.