Chapter 20

Aeriin and Ani made their way downstairs, and the vampire sat on the island in the kitchen, and watched her hunter make breakfast for the two of them. After a few minutes, Taraka came in with a yawn, then her eyes widened at Ani.

"You guys had sex!?" She asked.

"How could you possibly know that?" Aeriin questioned.

"I can sense the sexual tension, and if Ani's is low, then that means she let off some steam."

At this Ani couldn't stop the spit take she had, spraying blood across the counter. "Why the fuck would you say that out loud?!"

"Come on. Don't seriously tell me you think she doesn't know what you're not constantly trying to get in her pants, which is the only reason you're a total bitch."

"I am not!"

"You're telling me you didn't turn into a bitch around the same time you found out that you liked her?" Taraka raised an eyebrow like it was obvious.

"That's not even remotely true!" Ani shouted.

"I'm not going to lie, when we started dating, you did turn into a bitch."

"That's not because I'm sexually frustrated!" Ani retorted, trying to clean the blood off the counter. "I've been that way for thousands of years."

"That doesn't help your cause." Aeriin narrowed her eyes.

"Well she is a vampire." Taraka added. "She's pretty much born horny."

"And Succubi aren't!?"

"We don't start having sex till 13." Taraka said, matter-of-factly.

"Are you fucking-"

"So you've been trying to get in my pants since I was born?" Aeriin questioned.

"N-No! Why would I ever do that to you!? Why would I do that to anyone!?"

"So what is your sexual preference?" Taraka asked.

"That's none of your-."

"I'd like to know too." Aeriin nodded, turning away from her cooking to watch Ani's expression.

The vampire's face was bright red before she face planted the counter, knocking the glass over.

Aeriin and Taraka burst out laughing at the sight.

---

Aeriin watched Ani once again from the back of the class. At first it seemed like Ani had recovered from the embarrassing kitchen moment, but over time, it became apparent that something was definitely on the vampire's mind.

However, Ani must have been actively blocking Aeriin's thoughts because she couldn't get into her head.

When the class ended and they were leaving, Aeriin grabbed her wrist but she pulled from her grasp with a flinch before looking at the hunter apologetically and taking her hand. "Sorry."

"Jumpy much?" Aeriin asked.

"I'm sorry I'm just-."

"Hey Ani, are you... Hey Aeriin." Alex said as he walked over. "I didn't know the two of you knew each other."

"We're dating actually." Aeriin said without hesitating, gripping Ani's hand tighter.

"Oh? Sorry Ani, I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable." Alex said. "I wasn't flirting with you or anything, I was just trying to be friendly."

"I know." Ani smiled, or at least tried. Her smile looked wracked with guilt.

"Are you okay Ani?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm just thinking about some things." Ani shrugged before she took a step back not releasing Aeriin's hand. "I should go though."

"O-okay. Let me know if you need anything okay?" Alex smiled softly.

Ani nodded then led Aeriin away before pushing her into an open broom closet and closing the door behind her.

"There is no PDA on school grounds. There is no consent to this!" Aeriin said as Ani backed her up against the wall, knocking over a couple brooms before Ani pinned the huntresses arms over her head.

"I'm not interested in fucking you in a god damn broom closet." Ani whispered. "If we went to the girls room then someone could hear us and I didn't want to risk it."

"You're eyes are filled with lust Ani, what the hell was I supposed to think?" Aeriin hissed.

"I am filled with lust!" Ani practically snarled through her clenched jaw, trying to keep her voice down. "All I can do for the next three hours is undress you with my eyes and it kills!"

"Ani, explain to me what's happening to you. I can't help you if I don't know." Aeriin told her, not even trying to move just in case that was vampire body language for "Just take me!"

Ani watched her face for actual concern. "Vampires crave sexual contact. I was... A mess a long time ago... But abstinence has been good to me."

"That's the real reason you were hesitent? Why didn't you say anything?" Aeriin asked.

Ani's hands left Aeriin's wrists and cupped her cheeks gently. "Because I love you so much, that I know, if you give me time, everything will be okay. I promise."

"What about a system?"

"A system?" Ani questioned.

"Yeah. Bloodlust and lust go hand in hand right? And I won't survive either everyday because with you, sex involves both." Aeriin smirked at the guilty blush that spread across Ani's face at the last part. "So, pick a day for sex, and pick a day for drinking. That'll put your body into a cycle. And if my body doesn't like that, then one week you bite, and the next we have sex."

"Are we really talking about this in a fucking broom closet?" Ani asked.

"I'm trying to help you." Aeriin answered.

"Mondays I'll bite, Fridays we'll... You know."

"What if we have plans on the weekend?"

"Then the day before." Ani answered with no hesitation.

Aeriin smirked then her expression became serious. "I understand the need you have for this, but if you cheat on me once..."

"Do you really think I'd let myself cheat on you?" Ani growled.

"I might forgive you for kissing because I know your instincts tend to throw you at people. But if I found out you fucked someone..."

Ani wasted no time shutting Aeriin the fuck up. She pulled the hunter into her arms and locked their lips together. Aeriin was surprised at first but recovered quickly and returned the hungry kiss.

When Ani leaned back, her face hurried into the hunter's neck where her fangs sunk into her flesh. Aeriin whinced, as Ani couldn't use a lot of Dragon's breath to dull the pain since they both had class in a couple minutes. Ani healed the bite and stepped back.

"I won't lie, I feel a lot better." Ani answered.

"Good to know." Aeriin rubbed her neck. "Let's go to class." She walked past Ani, trying to hide the smile on her face.

Ani sighed as she left. "I can't wait till Friday."