Chapter 8

Darcel absolutely hated them. Aeriin wanted to turn around and slap the angel, because she knew the angel could do nothing about it, and to stop her from giving them that evil look.

She kept reaching out to grab passerby's, but Ani would glare over her shoulder, and the Angel would leave the human's be.

"Master-."

"Don't call me that."

"- How are you able to resist your demonic tendencies? Kaage has to feed everyday otherwise he is more cruel than usual." Darcel asked.

"Because Daybreakers are monsters and every last one of them deserves to die." Ani answered.

"But you and him are of the same race."

"You can't call a Stargazer and a Daybreaker the same race. The only similarity we have is our vampirism. Everything else is very different." Ani answered. "Can you sense demons?"

"Yes."

"Can you sense the souls of the wicked?"

"Yes."

"Those are the only souls you can harvest. And even then, I'd prefer you didn't harvest any until we figure out how to restore your light." Ani told her.

Darcel nodded.

"Guide us to one of those souls."

Darcel stepped ahead of us and lead us down the street.

So what's with the collar? Aeriin asked Ani.

She's given her will to me, so essentially she's my slave and has to do everything I tell her to. Ani answered.

Like how you have to do everything I say?

No. I can usually resist the spell. But that collar symbolizes her soul being connected to mine. So my word is law to her. There is no way she can resist me.

That sounds painful.

I'm not going to abuse her unless she deserves it. I'm hoping we can get her light back, then I'll just release her.

Darcel led them around the corner and to a Pawn Shop. She stopped in front of the door and sighed.

"You know who's in there?" Ani asked.

"Yes. I'd ask you not to hurt them... but I don't think I have the ability to do so." Darcel admitted.

"We'll see." Ani answered as she kicked opened the door.

Laying on the counter, was another woman. At first glance she appeared human, but the devil's tail cought Ani's attention.

"Is this one of Kaage's Succubi?"

"Yes."

"Darcel? Did you bring me my next meal?" The woman smiled as she sat up. She wore a very skimpy tank-top that revealed too much cleavage for Aeriin's liking. She also had very short shorts. Her shoes were on the ground beside the counter, as was a red leather jacket. Horns grew from the top of her head and curved forwards like that of a bull. She had dark skin, white hair and purple irises.

"Taraka, please, just yeild to them." Darcel warned.

"Did they- You've collared her!? How dare you!" Taraka roared. "I'll slaughter you!"

The succubus stood up, and let her body shift and turn. Her skin became purple, to match the devil's tail that swayed behind her, and her purple wings sprouted from her back. Her claws grew out from her fingernails, growing long and turning black. While Ani's were thick like the claws of a bear and they replaced her fingers and bended as such, the Succubi just had claws and fingers. Her legs however were very much the same as Ani's in her beast form, except covered in purple skin, and her feet were hooves.