Chapter 12

Ani fell asleep fairly quickly, but none of the others could find a reason to blame her for anything. The girl had nearly killed herself, just to kill a dragon. Her reasoning was obviously to protect her friends, but most of all Aeriin, and the Angel and Succubus knew this.

Ani was out cold, her breathing regulated, as the vampire liked to breath even when she was sleeping, something that made her feel more alive.

Darcel had finished healing her hand, and was now seated beside them. "How are we supposed to get home?" she asked. "That guy didn't tell us if we were supposed to send a signal or something."

"We could just fly away." Taraka suggested.

"All three of us could carry you Aeriin, so its no big deal." Darcel added.

"Still, we should let Ani rest as much as she needs. Her internal organs might have taken more damage than we can see, so it's important she gets her rest." Aeriin explained.

"But she wouldn't be able to heal them."

"After a couple of hours, the purifying effect will vanish and she'll be able to heal again. Until then we should let her be."

"Deal." Taraka nodded. "Let's just hope that dragon was the only enemy here."

"Agreed." Darcel sighed.

"I don't think there is another demon, because a dragon could easily kill unprepared hunters. If not for Ani, I don't think we would have been able to kill it."

"Or so you say." Taraka rolled her eyes. "Although they are immune to magic, elemental magic can hurt them because the spell isn't being casted on them, just towards them. Fallen Angels can use light and dark magic to attack, I don't use magic though. Darcel might have been able to take him, but Ani could have used a lightning spell on him instead."

"So then she's just an idiot?" Aeriin asked.

"Pretty much."

"Damn it Ani." The huntress sighed.

"So now we just wait right?" Darcel asked.

"Yep." Aeriin nodded. "We don't have anywhere to go at the moment so just relax. Once Ani wakes we can figure out what to do, but until then we can't really move her."

"Alrighty. Let's see if we can find a board game or something in here." Darcel said as she stood up. Taraka nodded and the two went off in different directions to search around the cabin.

It was a bungalow, with three bedrooms set up for two people in each room. The kitchen was fairly large, and since there was no power it was a gas powered stove, and there was no fridge. The walls and floor were made from wood, like the whole building was built by hand. But everything looked neatly done, and it just looked fantastic.

Aeriin smiled at Ani's sleeping form. She couldn't help but smile at the vampire, even as she clung to her master for comfort. "What am I going to do with you?" She smiled.

Ani muttered as if she heard the question, but otherwise said nothing and remained asleep. The other two came back with a card game, and started playing Slapjack.

"You two better not break the coffee table." Aeriin warned.

"We won't. We know our own strength." Taraka smiled.

SLAP!

"I was distracted you cheating bitch!"

Darcel only laughed. "It's not cheating, you looked away while you put your card down! That's your own fault!"

Taraka growled and readied herself as the next card was put on the deck and flipped over revealing a 3 of spades.

The game went on like that for a while, but Darcel proved that she was very quick, and won the game by a landslide. Taraka introduced her face to the table with a loud groan. "You must have cheated! There's no way you could beat me so easily!"

"Well it was easy, and I didn't cheat." Darcel smiled.

"Best two out of three!" The Succubus shouted.

"You're on."

Aeriin was unsure how Ani could sleep through all this noise, as whenever she was about to drift off, a quick smack to the table woke her up completely. But Ani didn't even seem bothered by this, to which she didn't understand. Ani's hearing was a thousand times better than her's so how could this slapping not be completely obnoxious?

"Four out of Five!" Taraka shouted.

Aeriin rolled her eyes. Taraka was too slow to beat Darcel, but she so badly wanted to win.

After a couple more wins under Darcel's belt, Taraka lept over the table and plowed into Darcel. "I should take your soul!"

"Come and get it." Darcel smirked.

That was a point. With no one else around, Taraka had no one to have sex with to get her energy back.

"Go into one of the bedrooms, and keep it down." Aeriin warned.

The two girls looked up at Aeriin before smiling at each other. They then raced to the bedroom, the door closing and locking behind them.

Aeriin let out a yawn, happy that now she could finally sleep without the two of them slapping the table relentlessly. Just as she closed her eyes Ani moved so she pushed Aeriin down, so the two of them were laying on the couch, the vampire on top of her. "Ani?" The Huntress called.

"I'm awake."

"You were pretending to sleep?"

"As if I could sleep with the constant murder of the table." Ani rolled her eyes, causing the ever so slight illumination on the wall to move with them.

Aeriin reached up and ran her fingers through Ani's hair, getting the vampire to almost purr in contentment. Though it could have been a moan, Aeriin wasn't paying attention to the sounds she made, rather, just the feeling of the taller girl on top of her.

"Aeriin?" Ani called.

"Yes?"

"Have you thought about becoming immortal?"

Aeriin flinched at the question. "I-I have."

"Do you have an answer?"

"No."

"I see." Ani's arms wrapped tighter around Aeriin, almost possessively. "I'm glad you don't. I want you to think about it for a couple years."

"I will." Aeriin smiled softly as she too wrapped her arms around the vampire. "But I will say, that the more stupid things you do, the more I want to become Immortal, so I can make sure you can't do them anymore."

"Good luck with that." Ani laughed to herself. "I'm crazy and I'm probably going to stay crazy."

"I knew that already."

Ani leaned back a bit so she could see Aeriin's face, a smile on her lips. "Though I can't wait for your answer."

"Then don't tell me to put it off."

"It's important that you do, you can't rush into these things." Ani answered. "I don't want you to make your decision then regret it, because you can never go back on becoming immortal."

"I suppose I could just kill myself after a hundred years." Aeriin offered.

"You could... though I don't condone that type of behavior."

"I know you don't. But if you can deal with an eternity, I'm sure there's something I can do to make it bearable."

"Maybe." Ani shrugged.

"For now, get some rest. You need your strength back, and seeing as you're on top of me, I don't think I'm going anywhere." Aeriin answered as she pulled the vampire back down onto her. Ani's head rested on her chest, and the two of them both let out a collective sigh. Their arms wrapped possessively around each other, and they each smiled happily, even as their eyes closed.