Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Shashi Gupta sat alone in the dark, holding a nearly empty bottle of alcohol in his left hand. He looked around and thought about the past and present life inside the walls of his house. These four walls were never emptier like they are today.

Everything was cold, dark and heartless today. Without her, nothing will ever be like before. Five years ago, the woman he loved deeply, had left him and he still couldn't believe that she was truly gone. Her loss, made him hard and ruthless.

Garima.

Shashi felt in the one deep hole after her death. This woman was his everything. His daylight. The reason he existed. Now, she was gone and the only other thing that made him continuing with his life, was alcohol and illegal gambling.

The alcohol thing was somehow manageable, but the gambling was going to destroy everything what was left of his life. All his money was gone and he owes a lot of people, a lot of money that won't be easy to be paid back.

But this was not everything. Shashi took the money that his brother left for his Kids Shiyam and Khushi. This money was actually meant for them after they are old enough and ready to marry and it was Shashis duty to take care that this happened, but since Shashi took the money illegally for himself, there was nothing to give to his niece and nephew anymore.

Before Shashis brother died, he and his wife wrote the testament and arranged a lawyer in Delhi who was responsible to control the inheritance for Khushi and Shiyam, but Shashi signed the warranty that the Kids would get their money and he ensured this with signing the papers.

Only he never saved this money for his brothers kids. He spend every single rupee on his addictions, except the only one left thing that he couldn't make into money and this was some soil in Delhi. Shashi was able to get Khushi's ownership papers, but never found Shiyam's. The little bastard hid it somewhere for sure and Shashi wasn't able to find it till today.

Taking the money from Khushi and Shiyam, spending it, could and will, bring Shashi behind the bars if someone find this out. And not only this missing money was today his only problem. There was one more problem to add. If Shashi doesn't get this problem solved soon, he could lose his home. Garimas favorite place and the house they shared a lot of beautiful memories.

So the only thing that could save him from the lawyer, jail and loosing his home, would be to marry Shyam off to acceptable family, which was ready to pay enough dowry to remove all his problems.

It was such a good plan and Shiyam has to destroy everything. He married Anjali, secretly. The poorest girl in whole Lucknow who was working for his wife, because Garima has a good heart and wanted to help the orphan siblings. Shashi didn't found out from Shiyam about his secret marriage. Instead he saw the two newlyweds behind the house, kissing, the red Sindoor decorating Anjali's hairline.

And this was not the only thing Shashi has to witness on this day. Khushi's and Arnav's kiss was the cherry on the top of all shit that he has to face, since his wife died.

Shashi never cared about the two kids working for his wife, because he always wanted his wife happy. Today, for the very first time, Shashi felt regrets for giving his wife so much pace and freedom. If he just refused to allow the two kids to be part of their life, Shiyam would never met Anjali. Even Khushi would never met Arnav.

Now Shashi has to deal with the past decisions and their outcomes. Even he wanted to walk to Shiyam and Anjali and pull the girl out of his nephews arms, even if he wanted to go to Arnav and kill the little bastard, Shashi knew, he has to act wisely.