Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Somewhere in Lucknow

Sanjay's place

Zoya and Sanjay just came through the door at his place. He didn't say much so didn't she. Zoya was shy. Did she really care about him like he assumed in the car? Was she concerned about him? Yes she didn't want him to be hurt by someone but was this not a normal reaction to someone? She is one good hearted person and Sanjay was one of the nicest persons who she met now after long time. She looked to him from the corner of her eyes and tried to sort her feelings. Zoya gulped her fear down which started to build inside her. She trusted him but at the same time she realized that she was now on one strange place with a man who was actually a stranger.

She looked around in the room and tried to find out if this was really his place. It was a little messy. Clothes were spread everywhere and leftovers of food too. Dirty glasses and dishes. It was clear shown that a busy man lived here all alone.

Zoya hear Speaking speaking and looked at him.

>>Emm, I am sorry for the mess. I was not really prepared for a visit.<< He went through his hair with his fingers and started to clean the living room.

>>I am not good in this things. I am really sorry. I will clean and get us some food and then...<<

Suddenly his phone rang. Zoya was clearly nervous because suddenly noise let her come back to the reality. She realized again that she just escaped from her in laws and her husband was actually free the whole time and could be watching her. She was listening to the phone and asked herself if someone of her family found out where she was and was on the other side of the phone.

She walked one step to Sanjay and was about to stop him from accepting the call but Sanjay already pressed the button. He was speaking for a while and then cut the call. She was looking at him with fear and curiosity.

>>Sorry, Zoya. I need to go back. We need to find a secret place for Shiyam and we need to clear some other stuff. I want you to stay here. I can't take you with me, it's too dangerous.<<

Zoya was listening to him and trying to calm herself.

>>As soon as I am done, I will come back and we can eat together, or are you hungry right now?<< She nodded no. Sanjay showed her his phone and wrote some numbers down.

>>I wrote you some numbers. You can call me whenever you want. Don't open the door. I have a key, so you don't need to open it for me. I will not ring. In the meantime you can try to sleep a little or relax.<<

Zoya didn't reply anything to what Sanjay said. She was numb and hell scared. She didn't want to be alone but she was also scared for him. She knew what her in laws are capable of. He was just about to leave, when her soft voice stopped him.

>>Be careful please.<< He stopped on the door and turned around.

>>You too. Don't open the door to anyone. And don't leave. If you leave Zoya, I will drive to your in laws and try to find you there. No matter what they are capable of doing to me, I am coming for you.<<

Zoya widened her eyes in surprise about his words but controlled her face before he could read her feelings. He continued, >>I will call you later. I will ring three times and then hang up. And then you can call me back on my phone. I need to know if you are ok. If you don't answer I am in few minutes here.<<

Sanjay walked through the door and looked again back to her.

>>Close the door now and lock it.<< She walked slowly to the door her eyes directed to his eyes. She closed the door slowly her eyes and his eyes still connected till they were separated from the door. Sanjay was standing outside till he heard how she turned the key around and locked herself inside his place.