Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Anjali was in the kitchen when she heard some sound coming from her pocket. Her phone was ringing and she saw some unknown number on it. She pressed the button and put the phone to her ear.

>>Hello?<<

>>Excuse me, my name is Sanjay Saxena. Am I speaking to Anjali Gupta?<<

>>Yes.<<

>>I am calling you because of your husband Shiyam Gupta.<<

She was speechless and held her breath. Her legs couldn't hold her anymore and she went slowly down on the floor. Could it be possible? Was this real? Was she dreaming? For so long she didn't heard anything from him and now someone was on the phone and said his name. How long was her brother looking for Shiyam and couldn't find him and even she started her own research but was unsuccessful. And now someone was on the phone and spoke his name out like it's totally a normal thing to do.

>>Hello, hello, hellooo? Mrs. Gupta? Are you there? Hello?<<

Anjali was back from her thoughts and opened her lips to talk.

>>Yes, I am here.<< Her voice was not firm anymore. It was silent and painful.

>>Per my information, you are looking for your husband, Mrs. Gupta?<<

>>Yes. Do you know where he is?<<

>>Yes.<<

Anjali looked to door in case someone walked by and herd her conversation. Only after she was sure to be alone she asked the next question.

>>Where?<<

>>Mrs. Gupta, it's complicated.<<

>>I need to know where he was, Mr. Saxena.<<

>>Well, he was in prison.<<

>>What?!<<

>>Yes, but he was wrongly there.<<

>>I don't understand.<<

>>Listen Mrs. Gupta first I need to talk to you and then we can talk about...<<

Anjali didn't let him finish his sentence.

>>Can I see him?<<

>>Yes, we can go tom...peep...peep...<<

Sanjay looked at his phone to find out why it was ringing. Damn, his battery was low.

>>Sorry, Mrs. Gupta. My battery is empty. I am on my way to home and as soon as I can, I will call you again.<<

Anjali's hands were shaking like crazy.

>>Ji.<<

>>Ok, by<<

>>Wait!

>>Yes?<<

>>You will call me, right? You won't forget me?<<

Sanjay didn't get to answer her question because his phone died.

Anjali was still looking on her phone while her whole body was in shock. She had the feeling that even her brain was not working anymore. Two maids entered the kitchen and started to prepare food.

They were deep into their conversation that they didn't even noticed Anjali inside the kitchen. They tattled about some people and stopped immediately when one upset Khushi entered the kitchen too. Anjali saw immediately that something was wrong. Khushi's eyes were red and she looked very sad. The girls saw to her and one spoke to other behind her hand.