Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Still thinking about Manorama's words, Khushi walked back to the Gupta, now Malik house. Not only Manorama's words didn't want to leave her head, also Arnav's parting words won't leave her head.

She hurried back, before Arnav became angry and fulfilled his threat that she still didn't understand fully. As soon as she reached the Mansion, Khushi discovered few workers on the old water pump, that was now replaced with new technology where the water still came from the old inflow, but it wasn't needful anymore to climb underground to reach anything. Well the pump was nearly new, but there are still things that needed to be checked from time to time.

And Khushi assumed that the workers did exactly this. But as soon as one of them saw her, he walked toward Khushi.

>>Khushiji, we are checking the water pipeline. Any problems with anything?<<

Khushi knew the worker from the time they prepared the house for Arnav. He was always friendly and very professional.

>>When we removed all the old things and added new technology, we obviously forgot to really check everything. I don't know how Mr. Malik will react when he finds out. I think he won't be happy.<<

The worker seemed truly concerned and very nervous about whatever he has discovered in the room where the water pipeline was. Usually, everyone else would leave the things between the worker and the boss, but Khushi being Khushi wanted to help, so she asked about the problem.

>>So, what's going on? What did you find because you forgot to check everything? <<

The worker looked down at his hands which held a little packet. Khushi followed his eyes and frowned.

>>What is it?<<

>>I didn't look inside, but all of us workers, felt that whatever is inside is something evil.<<

Khushi looked up and saw that the worker didn't smile or showed with his face that he was joking. He was serious about his words. Very serious.

Remembering that she needed to hurry, Khushi took the parcel from his hands.

>>Don't worry anymore about this. I will give this to Mr. Malik.<<

He seemed clearly relieved that Khushi took this matter into her hands but Khushi didn't have the time to say initing further. She needed to go back to Arnav, before he make true with whatever he was threatening he would do.

>>I have to go.<<

Khushi started to walk but his words stopped her.

>>That thing is a bad omen. Ce careful, Khushiji.<<

Khushi nodded and then started to run, taking the parcel with her. People around her could be so superstitious. They see bad in everything, while Khushi was mostly a positive person. Maybe this was because of her having to experience so many bad things in her childhood.

Before she entered the house, Khushi decided to bring the packet to her room and wait for the right moment to give it to Arnav. Since they were apart for few years, she has no idea how will he react to the packet that was found and how the workers didn't remarked that there was something they should actually find. Khushi didn't want anyone to lose their job, because of a stupid mistake.

So, it was better to wait for the right moment to give it to him. And there was no time anyway to go do anything like that now, because there was so much to do for the upcoming party.