Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Khushi walked to the Khurrana Mansion. It was the next house to the Gupta Mansion and was easily to be reached by foot. As soon as she walked through the door of the house that was her home for the last few years, Khushi looked for her hard rock Buaji. She found her and Payal sitting in the kitchen. Buaji prepared the dinner and they both just took a little break to dring a hot chai when Khushi entered the kitchen with tears in her eyes.

She explained the situation and while Buaji prepared a cup of chai to her, Payal calmed Khushi down with a promise to find a solution together with her. Buaji placed the cup in front of Khushi, placed her hand on her head and assured her that she will do everything she could to help her. Then she took place on one of the chairs and sipped her own tea, while Khushi smiled at the woman who became her mother.

Just in the moment, Manorama came into the kitchen and everyone became silent. The lightness was gone and the air became heavy. Step by step, Manorama walked toward Khushi and her eyes never left Khushi's form.

Khushi gulped few times because she knew Manorama and how mean she could be.

>>Are you not ashamed to ask Payal for money? You always try to use her for your advantages.<<

>>I didn't,<< Khushi tried to explain but was stopped by Manorama.

>>Don't you dare to lie to me. She will not give a you single rupee. I am her guardian and I decide what happens in this family. And you, Khushi Khurrana, should clear your problems by yourself.<<

Buaji placed her cup, stood slowly up and was about to say something but Khushi stopped her with her hand.

>>She is right Buaji. I should really handle this problem alone.<<

Buaji didn't stop looking like she wanted to tackle Manorama, but she sat down again because she respected Khushi's wish. And anyway, Manorama has all power to do as she said. She didn't lie to Khushi or anyone in the kitchen. After his death, Khushi's husband didn't let her anything behind. Khushi and Buaji were allowed to live in the Khurrana Mansion, but his money, land, house and everything inside the house, belonged to Payal. Manorama tried hard to find a acceptable husband for her niece. People could say about Manorama what they wanted, but she always wanted Payal's best and Khushi respected her deeply for her loyalty, even she was very cruel to Khushi.

Payal wanted to say something but even here Khushi stopped her by placing her hand on Payal's palm.

>>She is right, Payal.<<

Khushi turned around and looked at still angry Manorama.

>>I am sorry. You are right, Manorama ji.<<

Hearing Khushi's sorry, Manorama seemed pleased and decided to drop the topic. She turned around and left the kitchen without saying anything else and everyone was just happy to see Manorama leaving.

*

Khushi walked to her room and thought about a solution for her problem. She was determined to find a way. Entering her simple room, Khushi remembered her old one which she didn't enter for a some time now. This room was so much smaller than her old one and also simple, but Khushi loved it.

Looking out of the window, where Khushi could see the roof of the Gupta Mansion, memories of the man at the Temple came back to her mind. Immediately she remembered the card which he has lost and took it out of her bag.

She held it in her hand and touched the surface with her thumb. Was the man really Arnav? Khushi wasn't sure. Still the question popped again and again inside her head and she tried to find the answer.