Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Gupta house

The two maids looked at each other before one of them started again to speak.

>>Sir, we need to talk with you about Khushi and Mrs...<<

>>Who?<< Arnav's voice was cold and firm.

One maid looked down on the floor while the other one started to speak.

>>Sir, we have some kind of misunderstanding with Mrs. Anjali, yesterday. We were in kitchen and wanted to drink water when Khushi came in and told us not to drink and we should work.<<

Arnav's shoulders tensed.

>>But Sir, we were thirsty and hungry and Mr. Singh told us we can eat and drink in this house whenever we wanted. We told this to Khushi Ji but she was very angry and scolded us. She told us that this is her house and we should better do what she wanted us to do.<<

Arnav was stock still while he heard what the maids have to say.

>>And then...<<

>>And then?<<

>>Mrs. Anjali came and Khushi told her that we didn't work good enough and Mrs. Anjali fired us. Sir, we are really hardworking and we need this job.<<

>>We work here for our families, Sir.<<

>>What happen then?<<

The maid was totally into her pleading speech and also totally confused by his sudden question. She stopped talking and it seems like she was really thinking what to answer next.

>>Well...well...they walked away in a room and didn't came out for hours. We know this because we were waiting outside to talk to Mrs. Anjali and Khushi ji. But they didn't come out and when they left the room they didn't want to talk to us anymore.<<

Arnav touched his chin and wanted to turn around when their voices broke his thoughts.

>>Sir, can we stay? Please, Sir. We need this job.<<

He tried to think what to do but his brain was not ready to make any final decisions. Not now. He has no idea how he found his voice back to answer but he did. He knew it because he heard his own voice coming out of his mouth.

>>You can take some days off and visit your families and if I decide to take you back I will call you.<<

He closed the door and left the two maids outside. No good bye. No thank you. No I give you your jobs back. He walked to the terrace with shaky legs. He looked down at Khushi who was outside in the garden and observed how she took care of his roses and his mind played with him. Why did she do this? He told her not to repeat her mistake but she still talked to Di. Maybe there was an explanation for this all? Maybe she needed to clear something with her? But still his mind was not free from all the negative thoughts and .

His eyes were still on her and he saw how Akash walked to her. He talked to Khushi and then gave her some kind of paper into her hand. Both looked up to terrace and Arnav walked immediately few steps back so that they didn't saw him standing there. He asked himself what Akash gave her. He felt betrayed and his anger and frustration growing. All good intents and attempts for patience were lost. He started to walk with firm and fast steps to door in intention to blast their little meet up and put all their secrets out.

How dare he to talk to her even if he told him few days ago not to do this again?

He opened the door and found one of his employees standing outside with his fist in the air. They both exchanged looks and Arnav became really angry. This is the second time someone of the employees came here even he makes it clear that no one is allowed to go upstairs.