Walk #28

Savannah Underwood.

Driving back to the college, I thought a lot about what Chris was saying. Maybe it was a stupid idea to just bring him to my dorm room and show Taylor what she clearly can't have. But then doing that wouldn't be so bad. I don't know.

"Where's Chris?" Taylor asked as I walked into our room.

"He's not here." I said unzipping the dress.

"Why? You said he was coming over."

"Well he's not okay." I looked Taylor up and down and she really did put her best dress on. She looked real nice in it too, not even gonna lie.

"Right." She said sighing. I stripped out of the dress and put my pajamas on. I didn't plan on doing or going anywhere for the rest of the night. I had a lot of thinking to do.

"Taylor, let's get something straight okay?" I said as Taylor walked out the bathroom in her pajamas to. This is it for the night.

"Don't tell me you're about to lecture me about how Chris is your boyfriend and not mine because I know that already." She rolled her eyes.

"But you don't get it. You wanted me to go get him right? Well what would the point of me getting him be? He'd still be my boyfriend and you'd still be trying to impress him but he really doesn't care."

"Is it wrong to have a little crush though?" She asked me.

"Uh-"

"Did you ever try to impress Chris before you two started going out or while he was with Jasmine?"

"No, actually. I didn't like Chris at all." She sighed.

"Well whatever. Look, I get that Chris is your boyfriend. But I'm gonna tell you how it is, Savannah. I like him and I know a lot of other girls who like him too. You should be happy. You're in a relationship with a guy that everyone wants but all he really wants is you. I can tell he's crazy about you but it's not a crime to at least try and get his attention. And if you haven't noticed, it's not working. I've noticed!"

"Taylor I-"

"You just don't know how lucky you are. Chris really doesn't stunt any of these girls who try and get his attention including me. You fail to realize that but if I was with him, I probably wouldn't mind it."

"You're right." Her words repeated in my head over and over. It's like she knew why Chris and I were just arguing.

"I wouldn't mind because at the end of the day, he's my boyfriend and not there's." I smiled.

"You have more potential than I thought you did, Taylor girl." I said. She laughed.

"Thanks. And maybe I was a little crazy for applying to the same school as you two did. Maybe it's me who fails to realize the obvious. I am never going to have Chris Brown." I sighed.

"I don't want to get your hopes down or anything. Who knows how the future will be though. I've got someone so amazing right now but that doesn't mean we'll last forever. I keep reminding myself that so I won't get my hopes up."

"I've just been single too long." We both laughed and pretty much ended the conversation. Taylor actually got up and decided it was her time to mingle with the guys who are moving in while I just sat back and watched the time go by.

Later that night though, Someone knocked on my door. I was hoping it'd be Chris so we could talk things out. I got up quickly, fixed myself and opened the door. It was Chris.

"Why are you here?" I asked him.

"That's the first thing you ask me? Why am I here?" He said wrinkling up his face.