Walk #38

Chris Brown.

"Holy shit." I said noticing someone in the same store as Savannah and I.

It was Jasmine

"Do you like these?" She asked holding up a pair of joggers to me, at the same time examining them.

"Try them on first. I'm sure they'll look great on you though." I said looking back at Jasmine. What if she notices us?

"They're 70 dollars, baby."

"That's fine. Get you want, don't worry about the prices." I said giving Savannah all my attention for the moment.

"But I already picked out a lot of clothes that are well over 50 dollars each. I don't want you to spend all your money on me, Chris."

"Baby girl." I said before taking the clothes out of her hand that she already picked out.

"What?"

"You're my woman and today is your birthday. Yes, the clothes you're picking are pretty expensive," She giggled. "But right now, my credit card has no limit. I just want you to enjoy yourself."

"I am." She responded with a smile.

"Okay. Don't look at the tags, just get whatever you want." I said kissing her lips for a hot second before she pulled away.

"Is that Jasmine?!" She asked looking behind me.

"Yeah it actually is."

"Wow. She doesn't look bad." I looked at Savannah and wrinkled up my face.

"Are you kidding me right now?" She shook her head.

"You're right, you're right. Sorry. Should we leave?"

"No, we're not leaving because of her. This is your day, Savannah."

"I know but she's your ex and all s-"

"Exactly, my ex."

"Fine. But she might come over here and say something if she sees us. We'll just talk to her like the mature adults we are."

"We are not mature." I said laughing.

"We've matured a little."

"Not really. We've literally always been the same. Never changed."

"You seriously don't think we-"

"Long time no see." We heard someone say behind me. We both looked in the direction only to see Jasmine.

"If we're gonna talk, we're gonna talk the right way. I'm not trying to hear that BS that you always bring." I said to her. She rolled her eyes.

"Whatever," She said. I watched as she looked passed me and at Savannah. "Happy Birthday."

"Thanks ... How uh, do you know it's my birthday?" Savannah asked her.

"Taylor told me. Yeah, she tells me everything. Just a heads up."

"There's an easier way to say that." I added.

"Maybe there is." Jasmine said shrugging her shoulders with a smile.

"Then say it." I demanded.

"I mean, I'm dropping hints. It's pretty obvious to get what I'm saying." She said.

"Well I don't get it."

"She's implying that her and Taylor talk about us or maybe just me, I don't know. Either way Taylor is talking behind my back." Savannah told me.