Walk #7

Savannah Underwood

So it's finally time of year! Winter, but it's still November. Either way, it's snowing like crazy, school is getting cancelled, and everyone is cuddling up. That's exactly why its my favorite time of the year. And the way it be snowing in New York makes it even better.

"You cold, baby?" Chris asked motioning his hands for me to get under the covers with him. Today this huge snow storm is passing by, he invited himself over to my apartment to accompany me and be my snuggle buddy.

"Yes." I said jumping on the couch and climbing in between his legs so that my back was against his chest.

"That feels good." He said tilting his head back. I wrinkled up my face at the feeling I began to feel.

"You is nasty." I said shaking my head. That's when the power went out and the apartment was pitch black within seconds. I kind of saw that coming.

"This is gonna be fun." He said pulling out his phone and shining the light on me.

"How long do you think this storm is gonna go on? I love the snow but if this shit don't calm down, then the power is gonna stay off!" I said getting up and walking towards the kitchen. I pulled a lighter out of a drawer and lit up a couple candles that were laying around the living room and kitchen.

"Who cares? As long as this shit stay off, I'm staying here and I'm happy about that." I half smiled looking at him. Chris and I still aren't in a relationship, but we do spend a lot of time with each other now since there's nothing preventing it anymore. And the more we do, the more our feelings grow stronger towards each other. This isn't big news though. Everyone, including Jasmine, saw it coming the whole damn time.

"Fuck you." I joked.

"Just tell me when, baby." He said with a smile. I gasped.

"Fuck you!" I repeated. We laughed and then he sat up on the couch.

"Get yo sexy ass over here." He demanded. 

"Who is you talking to?" I asked.

"Who else is in the house other than you?" I rolled my eyes in annoyance. It's been a struggle to tolerate his mouth just as much as it has my mouth.

"Don't get smart." I said. He smacked his teeth.

'"Just get yo ass over here!" He demanded. I did as he said and walked over to him with my arms crossed. A small smile grew on his face as he pulled me down on his lap gently but roughly at the same time.

"Happy?" I asked. He nodded his head.

"I wanna take you out, Savannah. On a real date."

"This could be a date." I said looking at him with a smile.

"Really? You don't want me to take you to a restaurant or something? Cause I don't mind doing that if it's what you want, ma." I shook my head.

"Being inside with you all day is just as romantic as going to a restaurant to me."

"Well then shit, we might as well do this now. Only difference is we'll be in your bed in the dark." I laughed to myself even though he was clearly being serious.

"Let's do that on a day when it's not freezing inside. It's getting so cold in here." I rubbed my hands against my arms and I could feel goosebumps coming on.

"Oh." He pulled the cover over the both of us. I re-positioned myself so that I could actually face him but still be on his lap. He's so sweet.

"Better?" He asked me. I smiled.