Walk #27

Savannah Underwood.

Three Months Later.

"Yeah, I'm here now." I said to Chris over the phone.

"I hope you get like, a stranger as your roommate." He said laughing to himself. Today wasn't the first day of college or anything. But it's the day everyone whose going to live on campus moves in! School actually starts next week.

"I doubt it. More than half the class applied to this college. It's bullshit." I said getting out the car with one of my suitcases.

"Well if you do get a dorm buddy you don't like, then you can come live with me."

"Don't you want an independent girlfriend? Living with you only means I'm relying on you for my resources. I want to be independent, Chris."

"It was just a thought."

"Sorry. Look, I'll call you later when I get settled in. Maybe we could go somewhere tonight." I suggested.

"Yeah, straight to the bed. Skip the pillow talk."

"Bye, Chris."

I put my phone in my purse and pulled another one of my suitcases out of the trunk of my car while staring at the building. The school was gorgeous from the outside. The sight of it captivated my attention in so many ways.

I took a deep breath before walking into the school. It looked even better on the inside than it did on the outside. If I do get a bad, terrible, untrustworthy, ugly roommate, I think I'll still enjoy going to this school; that's how great it looked.

"Here's a card. Keep this with you at all times because it's all you have to get into your dorm room. It'll also help you get into the school." The woman said behind the desk.

"Thank you," I said starting to walk away. But a question popped in my head that needed an answer so I ran back to her desk. "And if I don't like my roommate? Are we allowed to do room swaps at this school?"

"You're not in high school anymore. Most of the people walking around this building are either 18 or 19. And you look the same age too so why not start acting like it, Ms. Underwood?" She smiled at me and I gave her a dirty look in return.

"It was just a question." I said rolling my eyes.

"Okay well, the answer is no. We don't do that at this school."

"That's all you had to say."

"But if you do get roomed with someone you dislike, tolerate them and don't let them get under your skin." She said with a smile.

"Thanks I guess."

I spent a good 20 minutes scanning the halls before actually finding my room. I stood in front of the door a little nervous to open it. Like, whose on the other side? Do I know this person? Do I even have a roommate? All theses questions ran through my head.

"Please be a stranger." I said turning the door knob slowly. When the door swung open and I saw someone sitting on the bed, I was pissed as to who it was.

"Isn't this a coincidence!" Taylor said smiling at me.

"No it's not. How'd you get roomed with me, bitch?" I asked throwing my stuff on the ground and closing the door behind me. Besides the fact I got Taylor as my roommate, the place looked pretty nice.

"Well gosh. I was gonna ask you how your summer went bu-"

"Answer the question." I demanded.

"Fine. I like you so much that I signed up to be your roommate along with a couple other people but I guess they just weren't worth it." She responded.