Walk #24

Savannah Underwood.

"So, you're going to Chris's college?" Jamie asked me. I nodded my head with a big smile on my face. It wasn't easy to get into that specific college because if I didn't, I needed a backup college. I had to apply to a few other colleges while other colleges just wanted me. The whole aspect of going to the same college as Chris was so things could be easier for the both of us. Not harder.

"You don't know how happy I am. Like, for going to college and not throwing away a opportunity like this!" I said excitedly.

"Why didn't you want to go to college in the first place anyway?" She asked. My smile faded trying to make up the words to say.

"I don't have a good relationship with my mother. You know that. But everything that I was going through led me to think I didn't have nor need a future. So back in middle school when all the teachers started talking about how we need to start thinking about college, I said fuck it. I'm not going. Stuck by my word until now."

"Well, I'm proud of you. And I think that Chris is doing a real good job with keeping you satisfied and in check." I laughed.

"I guess so. I like a guy who knows how to keep me in check."

"I know that's right! But what college are you going to?" Jamie asked.

"State University. Why?" I watched as Jamie laughed under her breath before even opening her mouth and telling me why.

"I heard that Taylor is going there too. Her and Jasmine." My mouth dropped.

"That isn't a coincidence. They must've found out that Chris was going there or something because those two girls out of everyone at this school don't just randomly get accepted to the same college as my boyfriend. Now I'm pissed."

"Don't let them threaten you, Savannah. You know Chris could care less about them girls." Jamie said trying to make the situation not as bad as it seemed.

"I know he could! But the fact of the matter is that, he doesn't understand how I feel when they flirt with him. He thinks it's okay for them to flirt with him as long as he doesn't flirt back. Hell no!"

"What are you gonna do?" She asked.

"Well, if they really are going there then I can't do anything about that. But I know they found out about him going to that school, so let me handle that real quick." Before she could answer, I got up from the table and began to look for either girls. Neither of them were in the lunch room so I went looking for them in the hallway. I spotted Taylor at her locker.

"Oh, hey Savannah." Taylor said with a fake smile on her face as I approached her.

"Can I ask you something?" She nodded her head. "I heard that you're going to State University next semester. Is there a reason why?"

"I just wanted to go there." She shrugged.

"Bitch, don't play stupid with me. I know you found out Chris was going there. I am too though! And let me tell you something: I don't give a fuck how you feel about him. At the end of the day he's my boyfriend and if you try anything, I swear to God you-"

"Baby." Chris said coming out of nowhere and putting his arm around my shoulder. I smirked.

"I thought you were going out to eat with the boys today." I said hoping he'd go away or something so I could finish what I was saying. Cause I was nowhere near to being done.

"Already did, ma. We went to the Chipotle down the street and got some burrito bowls. I even bright you some back for later." He said holding up the bag so I could see. "So what are we talking about? Because I feel a hella lot of tension right now."