Walk #50

Chris Brown

It's literally been a week since Savannah and I got into that argument. We haven't talked since then but I could careless. I meant every fucking word I said that night.

"Hey, Happy belated birthday, baby." Mary said giving me a hug as I walked into the house.

"Thanks, Mary. Sorry I didn't come by sooner. I've been pretty busy."

"That's okay. Where's Savannah? Is she not with you?" Mary asked letting go. I rolled my eyes.

"No, she's not."

"Okay. Uh, is she doing something? I made five plates of food."

"I don't know what she's doing and I don't care. You can wrap the fifth plate up though. I'll take it home."

With that, I went upstairs and into my old bedroom. I plopped down on the bed and sighed. I'm not gonna lie, I missed her. I missed her so much it almost hurt. But Savannah is so disrespectful. Maybe we needed this break.

"Hey." I heard Alex say coming in. I looked up at her.

"What's up?"

"Nothing. Just wondering what's got you so down." I sighed and looked away from her as she sat beside me.

"I'm fine, okay? For real."

"Whatever you say, Chris." She stood back up and headed towards the door.

"It's just that ..." She laughed and sat back down. "Savannah's got me so confused."

"How?"

"It's too hard to explain. But every day I'm with her now, it's seems like our relationship is getting more complicated. And I'm fucking tired of it to be honest."

"You're not gonna break up with her are you?"

"I don't know. I love her but what our relationship now is not what I want." I admitted.

"I think you guys will last."

"Why?" I asked looking at her.

"Because I can tell she makes you happy for one. And it's just not that easy to let go of something you've been holding on to for so long."

"Well, I me-"

"Savannah and you have a really strong relationship. And whatever happened between you two, whether it was a argument or just a misunderstanding, it'll get better. It was just a bump in the road. And you've gotten too far to stop now."

"I don't understand."

"Just think about it, Chris. Plus I really like Savannah." I laughed.

"I really like her too."

"Anyway, my mom said you should come and eat now so come and eat." I smirked as she walked out the door leaving me with questions.

It's just not that easy letting go of something you've been holding on to for so long. You've gotten too far to stop now.

My sister had some wise words. I was a little shocked. They just kept running through my head as I tried to figure out where I'd take Savannah and I's relationship next. Cuz I wasn't very sure.

The entire time at the dinner table, I thought about it. I thought about it so much, I didn't even touch my food. I wanted to, but my relationship with my girlfriend was a little more important than my hunger at the moment.

"Are you okay, son?" My dad asked. I looked up and everyone was staring at me.

"I'm fine. I just ... I have to go." I stood up and put my coat on.