Walk #49

Savannah Underwood

"I mean, I don't want to cut you off. I feel really bad about it." I said to Darius.

Darius invited me over his house and I decided it would be a good time to tell him how Chris felt about him. And how he didn't want me to interact with Darius anymore.

"Cut you off," Darius chuckled. "I hate those words." I sighed and looked away.

"Look, Chris really doesn't play when another guy flirts with me. And if he wants me to stop talking to you then I have to."

"I get he's your boyfriend, but why let someone else dictate your life? We don't have to stop talking if you don't want to, Savannah." He moved closer to me on the couch until our thighs were touching.

"Uh, it's not a decision I can make on my own. I'm in a relationship, the best I've ever been in and I'm really not trying to mess it up."

"It won't last. Not if you can't make decisions on your own."

At that moment, he looked me in the eye and I felt him slide his hand in between my thighs. I looked down and pushed his hand away.

"You seriously don't know what you're getting yourself into." I said in all seriousness.

"Don't fight it. What your man doesn't know won't kill him." I shook my head and stood up.

"Stop. You know I'm not about to do this."

"What happened to you, Savannah? You used to break the rules and shit." He said standing up also.

"You think I'm gonna fucking break the rules with you and ruin my relationship?! Hell no, Darius. You got me fucked up."

"He doesn't have to know."

"No! You're crazy if you think I'm gonna cheat on my boyfriend." I put my coat and headed for the door. I was literally ready to walk my ass all the way to Chris's house or the college but Darius grabbed my arm before I could walk out.

"You just got here. Don't leave." I looked at his hand around my wrist and then at him.

"Don't touch me."

"What's wrong? Chill out, I just want you to stay."

"My boyfriend will be here to get me at anytime. You really don't want to touch me because he will hurt you." He rolled his eyes.

"I'm not scared of him."

"You should be."

"I'm not. If he has a problem with me, then he can talk to me about it."

"I'm really trying to help you out right now. You're seriously getting yourself into a lot of shit."

"Enough about him. I don't care for him. Let's talk about us for a change."

I unnoticeably and swiftly unlocked the door without him noticing and walked back to the couch taking my coat off. Just in case he tries anything, which is most likely gonna happen right now, Chris could get inside the house without problem.

"There is no us, honey." I said siting back down and watching him walk over to me.

"You know, we were so close back then. We did a lot of stuff, a lot of stuff to each other." He said sitting next to me.

"I was single."

"I know but you act like it's a crime if we bring up our old habits right now. I mean we're alone an-"

"And I'm not single anymore."

"So you keep saying." He rolled his eyes and looked away for a moment.