Walk #22

Savannah Underwood.

"Don't break up with him, girl." Jayla said forcing me to look at her. I wrinkled up my face.

"Ain't nobody say I was finna break up with his ass. I just don't understand why he's getting so mad about it." I said yelling over the loud music that was playing.

"He just didn't want Adrian touching you and since you confronted him about that shit, he probably felt like you were taking his side." Jamie said.

"Okay, but the fact of the matter is, he didn't have to put his hands on him. Because at the end of the day I know who my baby is. And Adrian can think he hella bad just cause he was on the basketball team and got shoe game or some shit. But he don't compare to Chris! I could care less about Adrian." I paused for a second before opening my mouth again. "Point is, Chris didn't have to put his hands on him. I get that he was purposely saying things to make him mad but at least he respects me." 

"What do you mean by that?" Jamie questioned me. 

"Like, the nigga went door to door just to make sure I was okay. If I was a dude and someone came to make sure my bitch was okay, I'd have mad respect for him." They both nodded their heads.

"So what are you gonna do?" Jayla asked. 

"Nothing. I don't feel like I need to considering I didn't do anything. He probably don't wanna talk to me no way." I looked down at my shoes and sighed. It really sucks that prom turned out to be like this. First we get a terrible theme, then I pass out, then Chris and I get into an argument, then we basically fuck in somewhat anger, then he gets into a fight, and then we argue some more. This was the complete opposite of how I wanted my only prom to go. And I don't blame nobody but myself. This is all my fault.

"Look, don't let that ruin your night. If he wants to be a ass, then let him be a ass. But don't be one right with him. It's not even 12 yet and the night's still young so how about you just enjoy yourself? Have a little fun?" Jamie suggested.

"I don't know. For some reason I feel like I should just go to him. Make sure he's okay." They both rolled their eyes.

"No, Savannah. He's the one who should come to you and make sure you're okay. Because Chris never calls a girl a bitch. And since you're his girlfriend, then you should take that even deeper." She said.

"Just, don't worry about him for a while. He isn't going nowhere, I'm sure. Let him cool down and later you do what you feel the need to do. Okay?" Jayla said grabbing my hand and pulling me to my feet. Deep down, I felt like it was wrong just to go on without Chris. I wanted to spend the entire night with him. But the girls are right. I'm not going to waste my night just because someone else is mad. I'ma just do me and he can do him. Plain and simple.

Throughout the night, I was doing my best to have a little fun. Did Chris ever happen to cross my mind? Yeah, the whole time! Every drink was because of him, every blunt was, and everything I said. It was kind of hard to enjoy myself when I couldn't get him off my mind. But now that you think about it, I had a lot of fun. I danced and everything! It was just nice to let loose and put all my cares in the world behind me. Although, when everyone decided to take each other to their rooms, Chris popped right back in my head.

"Where you going, miss?" Someone said as I walked out the room. I turned around quickly to a guy.

"Depends. Do I know you?" I questioned him. He shook his head and walked beside me.

"No, but that doesn't mean anything right? I'm Jeremiah." He held out his hand for me to shake and I did, impressed by his way with words.

"I'm Savannah." I said blushing a little.