Walk #16

Savannah Underwood

"Come out, baby. Lemme see." Chris yelled from the waiting room that was outside the dressing room.

"Hold on, hold on. Damn." I said rolling my eyes. I quickly put the dress on and examined every inch of my body in the mirror. I shrugged my shoulders and decided to just go out and let Chris see it on me.

"Turn around." He said smiling at me. I did as he said and turned around so he could see it from every angle. Chris is helping me go shopping today. Yeah, it's finally around that time of the year and everything is changing for the both of us. Life is right around the corner and we both have a lot to think about. What's been on my mind? Where our relationship is going to be after high school.

"Can you see my ass?" I asked him bending over.

"Yes, actually. But why do you have to bend over like that anyway? Why can't you just not bend over at all." He said without question. This isn't the first time Chris went shopping with me. And he always does this when I buy revealing things.

"If I drop something then I have to pick it up. And to do so, I have to bend over." I said to him. He smacked his teeth and leaned up in the seat he was sitting in.

"Are you trying to show everyone my shit? Because what's under that dress is my shit, Savannah. It's shit that I don't want anyone else to have or see. You understand that?" I rolled my eyes.

"I just won't get it." I said walking back into the dressing room.

"Baby, I never said you couldn't get it. I just don't want you bending over like that. And if you drop something, pick that shit up with your toes if you have to!" I chuckled under my breath and took the dress off putting my clothes back on. That was enough for today.

"Let's just go eat and get outta here." I said grabbing my purse and taking hold of Chris's hand. We walked over to the front desk and paid for the little of clothes I decided to buy.

"What you hungry for?" He asked as we walked into the food court. The sight of people eating, people giving out samples, the smell of food, and everything else made me sick to my stomach. I just wanted to throw up.

"You know, I changed my mind. I don't want to eat anymore." I said trying to turn back around and walk in a different direction. But Chris pulled me back.

"We've talked about this before, Savannah." He said looking down at me. I sighed.

"Chris, I'm about to throw up right now. I cannot take the smell of all this while watching people eat. I just can't and you know that."

"Yes, and you know how I feel about you not eating. Look I know you have a eating disorder but it will get better, baby girl. If you just eat then it's going to get better I promise. And it has been getting better too. You know why? Because you've been eating, Savannah."

"I understand that you care but you can't force me to eat."

"I'm not forcing you to do anything so don't accuse me of that. I care about your health but you're not taking it seriously." He whisper-yelled at me.

"It's just one meal, Chris."

"You don't think that's not going to have an affect on you? Because it is so just shut up and tell me where you want to eat." He turned his head away from me.

When it comes to this, I just let him knock some sense into me. Half the time I need it anyway and he has no problem telling me that. I decided not to think about the smell and the sight of food and just do me. We went to subway and got some foot longs and then we went to sit down.