Walk #41

Chris Brown.

"I really don't wanna see my mom ..." Savannah said getting out of the bed and attempting to put on my shirt over her naked body but I shook his head.

"Don't fucking put that on. Leave it off."

"I don't want to."

"We're about to hop in this shower and go to your mom's house. It's time you both get some things off your chest."

"Do you think she'll tell me what I want to know?" I nodded my head and sat up in the bed.

"I know she will."

"How, Chris?" She asked crossing her arms and looking at me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I had a little talk with her." Her mouth dropped.

"When?!"

"Earlier in the week. It wasn't even that long of a talk but I'm sure I got it through her head."

Earlier that week

"Hey." Sakina said opening the door and looking at me.

"Hi, can I talk to you?"

"Is Savannah here too?" She asked looking around me. I shook my head.

"Just me. I really need to talk to you though."

"Is everything all right, Christopher? My daughter is she-"

"She's fine." I said getting a little annoyed. Why was she hesitating to talk to me?

"Well, now's not really a good time I me-"

"Then make time, Sakina. This is about my girlfriend and I'm not leaving until I let you know something's." She gave me a weird look but ended up letting me in.

I sighed in relief and sat down on the couch. She closed the door, went to get a cup of hot cocoa out of the kitchen and sat down across from me in the living room.

"So, Savannah's birthday is coming up. Her 19th birthday" I started.

"Correct."

"And she's been wondering a few things. A few things about your family. And I know it's not my place to even be here doing this. But I want Savannah to know about what happened to her parents more than she does. Because believe it or not, you not telling her really gets to her and I know that."

"It's not as simple as it looks to just, tell your daughter about things that should be kept in the past. I haven't told her anything for a reason, Chris."

"And she has a problem with that. And when she has a problem, now I have a problem."

She raised and eyebrow at me and then sighed under her breath. I think I was getting my point across pretty maturely and smoothly.

"Look, all I'm asking is that you tell her the truth. It doesn't have to be now, but maybe on her birthday. She deserves to know."

"Y-yeah. Maybe you're right." She said agreeing. I smiled and stood up.

"Thank you. I'll bring Savannah over sometime around her birthday so, be ready." I said walking towards the door. She sighed and followed me.

"Can I ask you something?" I looked at her.

"Sure, I guess."

"Why do you care so much? I mean, none of this concerns you. This is between my former partner, me, and Savannah." I smirked.