Walk #39

Savannah Underwood.

"Chris!" I yelled following him out of the house. He just kept walking not giving me the time of day. "Chris!"

"What, Savannah?!" He yelled back turning around.

"What's your problem?"

"Nothing, I'm fine."

"You're really not."

"Whatever." He said throwing his hands up and walking towards the car.

"Are you really gonna act like that towards me on my birthday?"

"Don't put that on me." He said turning back around and walking towards me.

"Well, I am. Is it wrong that I don't want you fighting everyone that gives me certain attention? It's gonna happen. Accept it, Chris."

"Saying you're perfect is one thing. But to keep fucking going on about you is another thing." He said.

"You didn't have to fight him though. Things were going good up until then."

"I don't need my girlfriend always on my back. I can handle myself." He said chuckling.

"Really, Chris?"

"Yes, Savannah! Don't worry about me." I nodded my head and walked towards the car.

"I guess the same thing applies to me right?" He sighed and followed me.

"What? No, Savannah. It's different when it comes to you. I'm a guy, you're girl." I shrugged.

"So? I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself too. I don't need you, Chris."

"Why do you always have to make things difficult?"

"I'm not making things difficult, you are. All because I care about you. Am I not allowed to do that?" He wrinkled up his face.

"I never said that."

"Yeah, well that's what it seems like."

"Whatever, Savannah. It's not like that. I just don't need you when it comes to my decision making. I decided to fight him so don't question me about it."

"Fine. Just let me wipe all the blood off your face." I said looking up at him.

"Really, Savannah?"

"Yes. Let me do it." He sighed.

"Okay."

I smiled and went back inside to get some things for his face. When I got back outside, he was still in the same place he was when I left.

"Here we go." I said putting some alcohol on a paper towel and reaching for his face. I could barely reach it. "You're gonna have to bend down or something."

"I figured." He said laughing and sitting on the porch.

I got on my knees and began to wipe the cut on his face. Yeah, he did what he always does every time I have to put alcohol on his cuts, but this time he was a little more cooperative.

"Your hair looks better grown out." I said now wiping up more of the blood. He half smiled.

"Then I won't cut it."

"Okay." I said smiling before stopping and turning his face to look at me. "You know I love you, Chris."

"I love you too, baby." He said grabbing my waist and looking up at me.

"And I care about you a lot. So I don't care if you don't want me to step in when you're fighting someone. I don't care if you're gonna yell at me after. I'm gonna do what I want."