Walk #57

Chris Brown

I walked to the door step of Alana's house and knocked on the door. I was only here to thank her. I know she played a big part in me getting such a great opportunity like this and I felt bad for arguing with her the way I did the last time we talked.

"Hey." I said as she opened the door.

"Are you here to apologize?" She asked crossing her arms.

"Yeah, uh, can I come in?"

"Is your girlfriend with you?"

"No."

"C'mon then." She let me inside her house and I sat down on the couch with her.

"I'm sorry for going off on you that one day. It's just, things haven't been easy for me. You know, I just got out of high school & there's a lot of choices I have to make for myself. And being in a relationship doesn't make it any easier. It makes it harder and it's stressful."

"It's okay, I understand."

"Cool. I also wanted to thank you though. I got a letter from the U.S. Air Force and I know I probably wouldn't have if it wasn't for you." She smiled.

"Your welcome. Are you going to do it?" She asked.

"Of course. I'd be crazy not to."

"So there were no set backs? You didn't have any second thoughts at all?"

"I did. Having to leave my family and friends is what threw me off. I just didn't expect this to happen to me. Out of all people and it happened to me."

"I know it's a scary thing, a decision that will probably affect the relationships you have with people. But this is your life, this is about you."

"I don't want it to affect what I have with everyone though." She laughed.

"What did you expect? You're gonna be out of everyone's life for a few years. You're gone, people move on. Everything isn't gonna be the same when you get back."

"Is this suppose to make me feel better?" I questioned her.

"I'm just telling you how it's gonna be. Don't expect to have everyone there for you like they are now. Don't expect that."

"Alana, you've got be fucking kidding me right now." I chuckled leaning back on the couch.

"I'm not trying to change the way you feel about going into the Air Force bu-"

"You kinda are."

"Look, I just want you to be ready for whatever happens."

"Thanks. But now I've got a lot more thinking to do."

"Chris, grow some balls and man up! Everyone isn't gonna be there for you and you have to accept that."

It wasn't even about everyone at this point. It was more about Savannah now. Fuck everyone, they can cut me off if they fucking want to. I could care less. But Savannah is the last person I want to do that.

"I can get by knowing my girl will be there for me through the whole thing. Who cares about everyone else?"

"Is that what this is about?"

"It kind of is. I mean, she says I'm not gonna lose her; that she'll be there no matter what. But she's not really good at handling situations when they get thrown at her. So I feel like we're not gonna be together anymore when the time comes."

"Don't think like that."

"I can't help it. Everything started looking up for me when she came into my life. I'm not tryna lose her now."