Walk #25

Savannah Underwood

The next morning, I woke up pretty damn exhausted. Not just because of what happened yesterday at Chris's house but because of everything. All of this is still hard to take in and now Chris and I have to live with the fact our parents don't like each other.

"Oh, shit! Savannah, we gonna be late for school!" Chris yelled jumping up from under the covers and looking at the clock. It was almost 7:30.

"I don't feel like going. We won't be missing anything so how about we stay here? Just for today." I said pulling the covers back over me with a smile on my face. He sat there staring at me but then also smiled.

"Oh I see. You wanna stay with yo boo thang today, dont you?" He asked kissing my cheek and laying back down. I giggled and turned to face him.

"Yes I do. And because I don't feel like getting up and doing all that shit." He nodded his head and wrapped his warm hands around me. Mornings like this is something I lived for with Chris. He's so good at caressing me and making me feel like I'm appreciated. I'm so grateful to have met him even though I couldn't stand him at first.

"I feel you. I'ma spoil the mess out of your ass today starting with a good breakfast. What are you hungry for? I'll make you something, my little lady." He asked getting out of the bed and putting his briefs back on.

"How about I make you something?"

"Uh, I don't think that's a good idea. Especially when you can't cook." He said looking at me with a serious facial expression.

"Just because I messed up that one meal doesn't mean I can't cook." I said sitting up and staring him down. He laughed under his breath and walked into the bathroom to brush his teeth. Okay, I know I'm not the best cooker in the world but I can make somethings. I can make sloppy joe, spaghetti, noodles, and everything else that doesn't require a lot of reading.

"Savannah. Darling. I love you more than words can describe. But baby, you can't cook for shit. You can't cook if your life depended on it. But I love you anyway. I'd prefer a woman who can cook though." He said looking back at me. My mouth dropped and I jumped out of bed searching for my undergarments.

"That is so disrespectful. You have a woman who can cook somethings. Don't get it twisted, nigga." I replied throwing on my panties and bra.

"Look, I told you I'ma spoil you. So why don't you sit your pretty self down and relax. You already said you're too lazy to do anything." He said following me into the living room.

"I never said that. Why are you being so mean to me?" He laughed and kissed my forehead, then my nose, then my cheek, then my lips. "That isn't an answer, Chris."

"I'm not being mean. You know I love you."

"You keep saying that but turn around and insult me. How the hell does that work? Please inform me because I'd like to use that technique on you one day in the future." I said watching him go into the kitchen.

"Sav, chill. I'm just fucking with you. Now what do you want to eat? I could make you an omelet or something." He said looking through the food he had brought over here on different occasions. Seeing him do all these things in his apartment just be so sexy to watch. He's so independent, I love it!

"No, I don't like cheese and most omelets are made with cheese. You know I don't like cheese don't you?" He paused what he was doing and looked at me from the corner of his eye.

"Sure. Now that that's out of the question, I could either make you some pancakes, eggs, and sausage, or one individually, or we could just eat some cereal. It's your call."