Walk #70

EPILOGUE

Savannah Underwood

"I can't. I can't do it, I'm not ready." I cried as Jocelyn, Kj, Tip, and Ashlyn tried to get me to go see Chris.

It was about that time for me to say my final goodbye to him.

"Savannah, he's your boyfriend." Jocelyn said.

"I don't care. I can't look at him. I'm just not ready." I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down.

I've been trying to hide all my emotions for the past few days; everything I felt about Chris leaving was finally coming out. There was no hiding it.

"You can't just not see him. This is it, Savannah. There won't be another chance to say bye until he comes back in four years. C'mon now." Tip added in annoyance.

Before anyone could say anything, Chris came around the corner of hall where we were all just helplessly standing in the college.

It should have been more busy than it was in halls. Everyone is getting ready to move out until next semester. I was so happy Taylor will finally be out of my life, but so sad Chris will too.

"Hey, Savannah." Chris said smiling at me. He knew I didn't want to see him. I've been avoiding him since the party Kj threw.

"Finally. Someone made a move." Kj blurted out. I sighed looking back at Chris.

"You know I need to be at the airport by one." He said to me.

"Uh, cool. I guess I'll say bye now."

"What? No, I want you to come with me, baby." I shook my head.

"You don't need me."

"I don't even think it's about me needing you at this point. I just think you're scared to say bye. You don't have to say bye. Just say see you later."

The real reason why I didn't want to go to the airport with him is because I feel like I'm going to make some decisions I'll regret. And the more he persuaded me to go with him, the more the decisions crossed my mind. And I don't want that.

"Why do I even have to? I'm not ready to let you go, Chris."

"It's gonna be okay, Savannah. We're her for you." Ashlyn said. I looked at her and smiled.

"Thanks but even with you guys with me, they'll still be a huge part of me missing."

"That doesn't change the fact he's leaving. Even if you're not ready, he can't stay. He made up his mind to move forth with this, Sav. You have to let him go." Tip added again.

"I don't want you to go." I said in a shaky voice as tears fell from my eyes. Chris sighed before wrapping his arms around me and rubbing my head.

"I'll be back. You know I will." He whispered.

"But I don't want you to leave me." I cried.

"C'mon, Savannah. It's 12:30, we need to head to this airport. And you're coming so get your stuff." He let go of me and fixed himself up before walking away.