Chapter 50

Hearing this, Grandpa Lin became silent for a while. They all patiently waited for his answer; it seemed as if he was organizing his words before he could reply.

After a few minutes, he sighed and took a deep breath before he looked at Ah Yin again; his look seemed as if a dying parent was looking at their child for the last time. This look made her felt uncomfortable; moreover, she was not a naive spirit beast anymore; instead, she had experienced a lot over the past years living among the humans.

" Grandpa... " Before she could speak, Old Man Lin interrupted her, " Yin, do you know? When the last master left you in my care, my first thought was to kill you. "

Ah Yin was taken aback as she heard this, and she stared at her only relative to see if he was lying or not. On the other hand, the rest of them became vigilant after hearing the Old Man. Tang Hao unconsciously released his slaughter domain. Yu Xiaogang stepped forward and patted his shoulder, awakening him.

It was as if he had expected their reaction that Old Man Lin remained calm and composed; he continued, " Only by killing you and devouring you could I evolve into a Blue-silver Emperor, but after looking at you, I couldn't resolve myself to kill you. "

He stopped for a moment to let them digest the information contained in his words. Ah Yin, who had already experienced many betrayals, did not frown or show any emotion; instead, her face remained calm; no one could guess what was going on in her mind.

" As time passed, I started treating you like my granddaughter. I never told you the identity of the old master because you were not qualified at that time. You ought to have the strength comparable to of a spirit sage; this was the restriction set by him. "

" The old master or the last Blue-silver Emperor was your father. He was a God, and this space is the legacy left by him for you. "

" Hisss....." Everyone except Xiaogang took a deep breath. No one would have imagined that Ah Yin was the daughter of God.

Ah Yin was too shocked to reply and stood dumbly at her place. Everyone knew that this was not the time to interfere, and they also stood on the side silently.

After a long time, she spoke, " Where is my father? " Grandpa Lin softly replied, " He is no longer alive. " Not giving her the chance to speak, he continued, " Otherwise, with the personality of the old master, how could he let you suffer so much over past many years? "

After hearing this, Ah Yin also started remembering her past years, how she as a weak blue-silver grass grew from the beginning and could not help but started crying.

Tang Hao could no longer stand silently at the side he rushed towards her and hugged her trembling figure. Feeling the warmth from his body, her agitated emotions calmed a little; after a while, she got out of his arms and bowed towards Old Man Lin, " Thank you, Grandpa Lin, for taking care of me. "

Old Man Lin quickly dashed forward and stopped her from bowing to him. He hastily spoke, " What are you doing, your Majesty? I am just a servant of the old master, and by calling me grandpa, you have already given me enough respect. "

After a while, everyone started talking, which eased the atmosphere. Old Man Lin looked around and sighed as he thought to himself, " It seems her Majesty is no longer lonely, and she does not need me anymore. " His eyes became firm as he thought of the promise he had made to the old master.

" Cough! " Old man Lin coughed lightly and gained everyone's attention. He looked around and said, " Thank you for taking care of her highness. " He turned towards Ah Yin and spoke, " Your Majesty, the time has come for me to fulfill the promise I had made to the old master. "

Ah Yin looked confused and asked, " Grandpa Lin, what promise are you talking about? "

"To ensure that your Majesty also becomes a God, I promised to old master that I would sacrifice and become your spirit ring. Now that your highness has reached rank 80, my spirit ring is the most suitable for you. "

" How is that possible, Grandpa Lin? How could you? How could my father allow this? " Ah Yin immediately blurted out as she listened to his words.

Old Man Lin shook his head and said, " Your Majesty, old master did not force me; instead, I choose this myself. Moreover, you don't have to worry because he taught me a method by which my soul will reside inside your spirit ring, and technically I won't die. "

Hearing him, everyone except the grandmaster seemed surprised they had never heard of such a method.

Ah Yin carefully looked at Grandpa Lin to see if he was lying or not; after seeing his confident face, she reluctantly believed him.

Old Man Lin smiled after seeing that she believed him and said, " Your Majesty, we should start it as soon as possible. "

Ah Yin nodded. She did not speak any further and sat down on the spot to meditate and restore her spirit power and mental strength to its peak.

Everyone else also sat down on the side and looked at the scene in front of them curiously. They had never seen a spirit beast sacrifice for another person before.

Xiao Mei being a spirit beast herself, felt a bit uncomfortable after she heard Old Man Lin was going to sacrifice himself. She knew how difficult it was for a spirit beast to cultivate and reach this stage, yet she could do nothing about it because it was the wish of the other party.

After a few moments, Ah Yin opened her eyes and nodded towards him. Old Man Lin smiled and took a final look towards his granddaughter. He uttered some inaudible words, and his figure started floating in the sky.

As he flew to a certain height, everyone noticed a bright blue light burst out from him and started corroding his body. Before long, a scarlet red spirit ring with a tinge of orange floating in the sky in front of everyone.

Seeing this, Ah Yin released her martial spirit, a blue-silver grass with a golden pattern over it appeared on her right hand and attracted the spirit ring floating in the sky over her.

The spirit ring slowly descended over her. It started to condense; after a few seconds, it stopped just over her martial spirit. Warm and gentle energy from the spirit ring started flowing into her body. It began to nourish and remodel every single cell of her body.

Ah Yin did not feel any discomfort as the energy entered inside her body; instead, she felt as if she was soaked in a warm spring. This is the first time she experienced it. As a human transformed from spirit beast, she had to manifest the first six spirit rings by herself, which exhausted all of her mental energy and took a toll on her body. For her seventh spirit ring, she had experienced what normal human spirit-masters experience.

As the energy in the spirit ring finished strengthening her physique, she absorbed the spirit ring without any problem. This whole process took a few hours, and both Little Yan and the little rabbit slept through it.

Tang Hao and other's body finally relaxed after seeing that she had successfully absorbed the spirit ring; as they were going to step forward to congratulate her, Xiaogang stopped them and pointed his finger towards the sky.

Everyone followed his finger and looked at a small object descending towards Ah Yin; their expressions changed from initial surprise to shock, and said, " Spirit Bone! "

Note - 

For early access to the next chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

Thank you for your support.