Chapter 88

Although Xiaogang's combat strength rivaled that of a Titled Douluo; he was only a spirit-emperor and could not fly. It took him about two weeks to travel from Heaven Dou City to Spirit City.

Over two weeks, he had crossed through the Silvers Kingdom and the Balak Kingdom. Xiaogang stopped twice to rest in Silvers city and Balak city. Apart from relaxing, he tried to gather specific information about Spirit City and Spirit Hall.

After all, it had been a long time since he had left that place. At the same time, he also wrecked his brain to think of ways to deal with Spirit Hall. Anyways in the public's eye, he was about to kidnap the wife of the Supreme Pontiff. The Supreme Pontiff they revered.

For citizens of Spirit City, Qian Xunji was akin to a god, and now Xiaogang planned to steal their goddess. He could deal with one or two Titled Douluo's, but if a group were to gang-up on him, even, Xiaogang, who possessed a divine core, unless he was willing to blow up the entire Douluo planet by detonating the divine-core.

Moreover, he did not forget about the presence of that old monster Qian Daoliu, the strongest Tited Douluo on the continent. Even Xiaogang had the same thought until he gained his memories.

What Titled Douluo? Obviously, that old monster had stepped one foot into the next realm and became a Demi-God. Moreover, within the Spirit City, Qian Daoliu could borrow Angel God's divine power and raise his strength by a level and become Quasi-God.

A pity, if only he had a few more years, Xiaogang would have erased the Spirit City from the map of the Douluo continent, yet, he could not let Bibi Dong suffer any longer.

His cultivation is different from the other spirit-masters. Others can absorb the spirit-energy present in the atmosphere to increase their rank. Yet, Xiaogang's cultivation technique only absorbs the divine-energy.

Xiaogang counted himself lucky that he found the black pearl; otherwise, he would have remained at rank-29 for a long time. Still, the benefits of Devouring Codex are far greater than the harsh requirements for its practice.

At present, after breaking through spirit-emperor, Xiaogang's Devouring Codex had entered the sixth stage of the first chapter. After entering this stage, he had two sets of three spirit cores. Two spirit-cores were present in his spiritual sea, two in his dantian, and the last two were in his chest.

Yes, an extremely talented spirit-master would only have three spirit-cores, and that too only after breaking through Titled Douluo realm.

Yet, Xiaogang had six, and this showed the uniqueness of the Devouring Codex. Apart from the spirit-rings and physical strength, this was one of the main reasons for his heaven-defying strength.

Moreover, his cultivation technique had yet to show its true potential. When he breakthroughs Titled Douluo realm and enter the ninth stage of the first chapter, Xiaogang would condense his third set of spirit-cores.

Only after condensing the three set of spirit-cores Xiaogang would gain the qualification to create his Godhood tablet.

At present, Xiaogang was sitting within a small shop, sipping tea, in a small town at the edge of Spirit City. Over time, many people who failed to enter the Spirit City had established this town. In the hopes that the Spirit Hall would shelter them.

It was also the best place to gather intel on Spirit Hall. Xiaogang, who was enjoying his tea, heard the next table's conversation.

" Spirit City's security has increased. Did something happen? " An ordinary-looking man asked the person sitting opposite him.

The other person replied, " Although I am not clear, yet it has something to do with his excellency, Supreme Pontiff. " From the clothes he wore, it was evident that the person might be a successful businessman. He continued, " I am not sure, and this is just something I overheard the conversation between two guards. "

After Xiaogang heard this, an indifferent look replaced his previously lazy expression. Various thoughts appeared in his mind; still, he needed more information before Xiaogang could conclude.

Soon, the two of them walked out of the shop and parted ways. Xiaogang also stepped out and followed the person. He had already worn a black cloak to hide his identity.

After a few moments, when the man left the town, Xiaogang suddenly appeared behind him like a ghost and knocked him-out unconscious. He picked up the unconscious man and disappeared from the scene.

Inside a tattered cottage on the outskirts of the town, Xiaogang took out some water from his storage device; he poured it over the unconscious man's face to wake him up.

" Huh! " " Where am I? Who are you? " The man groaned; he looked at the tattered cottage and finally looked at Xiaogang.

Xiaogang was surprised after seeing his reaction. From his calmness, it was evident that this person was not an ordinary person.

" I am going to ask you some questions, and if you answer truthfully, I will let you go. " Xiaogang spoke in a hoarse voice. He did not feel any spirit-power fluctuations from him and decided to give the latter a chance out.

There were no significant changes in the man's expression, and he calmly replied, " Ask. "

Xiaogang appreciated him a bit and asked, " What is your name? "

The man replied, " Wang Fang. "

Xiaogang continued, " So, Wang Fang! What do you know about the increased security of the Spirit City. "

He added, " And before you give me a vague reply; your life is in my hands. " Xiaogang released a bit of his spirit-power as he spoke.

Wang Fang was an ordinary person, and even if Xiaogang only released a part of his spirit-power, the latter could not bear it and coughed out blood. His body trembled, and beads of sweat formed on his forehead.

He gasped for breath and said, " The Supreme Pontiff is planning to leave the city for a while. "

After hearing this, Xiaogang did not reduce the pressure; instead, he increased it a notch and asked, " How do you know this? "

Wang Fang, whose face reddened under Xiaogang's spirit-power, gasped and said, " My...My nephew is one of the spirit-saints under his excellency, Supreme Pontiff. "

Only now did Xiaogang took back his spirit-power, and the pressure on Wang Fang vanished.