Chapter 79

Luckily the training ground was empty; he could practice without any disturbance. Xiaogang summoned his second martial spirit, and an ordinary-looking black spear appeared in his right hand.

Even with his current strength, he could not figure out the secret of his second martial spirit. Moreover, Xiaogang believed that the current spear was not the original form of his martial spirit and had a hunch that his martial spirit might have been sealed.

Grandmaster did not continue to dwell on this matter and started practicing his spear technique.

" Huh! " He was a bit surprised after finding out that the upper limit of the weight increased by inserting his spirit-power had increased. Hence, he began experimenting with it.

Soon, wave after waves of the whirlwind is formed as he continuously stabbed out his spear. Even after several hours of practice, he could not break through the next realm of the spear cultivation.

" Sigh! Only a single step and I could break through the next realm. " Xiaogang muttered to himself and felt that there was a wall preventing him from taking the next step.

After reaching the bottleneck, practicing regularly won't help him; now, fighting against a suitable opponent was the only option.

Thinking till here, a bright light flashed in his eyes, but the next second, he smiled bitterly and thought, " Where would I find such an opponent in the Empire? "

After breaking through the next level and absorbing the sixth spirit-ring, Xiaogang's strength was enough to fight toe to toe against a rank-95 Titled Douluo.

Moreover, this was under the condition, Xiaogang doesn't use his spirit-bone ability. On top of that, Poison douluo was seriously injured because of him.

Suddenly an idea emerged in his mind, and Xiaogang thought of ' Spirit Hall. ' He was sure that they would send at least a Title Douluo tomorrow to represent the Spirit Hall for Xue Qinghe's Crown Prince ceremony.

" ' Spirit Hall, ' it is time to collect some interest from you. " Killing intent flashed in his eyes as a grin formed on his face and a mighty aura burst out from his body.

" Now that I have decided, I better go over and discuss it with Erlong. " Xiaogang muttered to himself as he stepped out of the training ground and walked towards the dean's office.

Soon, he reached the dean's office and heard Flender's voice as soon as he opened the door. " Sister Erlong, what do you think about tomorrow's ceremony. "

' Step, Step! ' As Erlong was about to answer, she heard the sound of footsteps, turned around, and took a look. After seeing that it was Xiaogang, who had entered the office, she asked him, " Xiaogang, what is your opinion? "

He looked at them and said, " Of course, all of us will attend the ceremony. " He continued, " Boss Fu, Erlong, both of you will return to protect the academy; I am afraid tomorrow won't be as simple as we think. "

Flender's eyes twitched after hearing Grandmaster's words, and he curiously asked, " Xiaogang, what are you planning to do? "

Grandmaster chuckled and said, " Just collecting some interest from ' Spirit Hall. ' " He did not go into the details as he knew that they would start worrying and might even try to stop him.

After chatting for some time, he walked out of the office, returned to his house, and started cooking the meal for himself and his family. Soon Erlong and Yu Yan also returned, and the family of three happily ate the dinner.

[ Next Morning. ]

Unlike usual, today the streets of Heaven Dou City were empty, and all the shops were closed. Everyone had left early and gathered in front of the royal palace to witness the ceremony.

If anyone noticed, they would notice that only commoners were present at the time, and nobles had yet to arrive. After an hour, two groups of royal guards arrived and secured the area in which the commoners stood.

After them, one after another, the nobles arrived and sat in their positions. Finally, Ning Fengzhi, accompanied by Bone Douluo, also entered the venue. He sat on the seat prepared for him on the left side of the Emperor's throne.

As he was curiously looking at the people who had arrived, the Bone Douluo, who sat beside him, looked towards the sky and said, " Old Man, till when are you going to hide? "

" Bone Douluo, you are as sharp as ever. " A hoarse voice sounded, and a silhouette appeared in the sky.

" Fifteen Ton Douluo, I never expected that Spirit Hall would send you. " Bone douluo sneered.

The silhouette slowly descended from the sky, and his features became visible. He was an old man in white robes.

" Your excellency, Fifteen Ton Douluo, welcome to Heaven Dou Empire. " Bishop Salas hastily walked forward, cupped his hands, and respectfully said.

" Un! " Fifteen Ton Douluo indifferently nodded and said, " Lead the way. " Bishop Salas reacted and guided him towards their seats.

After a while, one of the royal guards spoke loudly, " His highness, ' Dragon King, ' has arrived. " As soon as his voice sounded, three people arrived at the scene and sat on the right side of the Emperor's throne. Naturally, these three were Xiaogang, Flender, and Erlong.

Seeing them, Ning Fengzhi said, " Greetings, brother Xiaogang. "

Grandmaster also politely replied, " Greetings, brother Ning. "

On the other side. Fifteen Ton Douluo took a deep look at Grandmaster, and a flash of surprise appeared in his eyes, and a trace of doubt appeared in his heart, ' How is it possible? Why can't I see his rank? '

As Fifteen Ton Douluo was about to ask Salas about it, the Emperor and Xue Qinghe arrived on the scene.

Xue Ye stood up from his throne and said, " Welcome everyone, today we are here to witness the crowning of Xue Qinghe as the Crown Prince of the Heaven Dou Empire.

After his speech, one of the ministers walked into the venue and started the ceremony. One after another, they performed many ancestral rituals.