Chapter 78

They walked at a moderate pace on the way back to the Heaven Dou City. It was apparent that they were in a good mood; their daughter could be considered the most talented spirit-master on the Douluo continent.

A seven-year-old spirit-grandmaster with two purple spirit-rings; if this information were to spread out, it would cause a blood-bath.

A smile appeared on Xiaogang's face after looking at his wife and daughter, and his eyes could not conceal the tender feelings. He decided to break through the next level and absorb the sixth spirit-ring after returning to the city.

Soon, the familiar city wall appeared in front of them, and looking at the increased guards patrolling on the city wall, Xiaogang guessed that a major event was going to take place in the city.

" Your Highness, ' Dragon King. ' " The guard at the gate kneeled after seeing Xiaogang and others entering the city.

He nodded and curiously asked, " Is there anything important? "

The guard spoke without any concealment, " Yes, your highness, after two days, Xue Qinghe is officially going to take the mantle of Crown Prince. "

" Okay. " After hearing the guard, Xiaogang remembered that although the Emperor had announced it six months ago. Still, the specific date was not set.

Under Little Yan's persistence, they wandered around in the crowded streets and bought many things. This shopping spree lasted for the whole day, and in the evening, they returned to the Shrek academy.

Grandmaster and Erlong smiled after looking at Little Yan's adorable sleeping face. He understood the importance of equal rest after a long training session.

" This fool. " Erlong muttered to herself and then glared at Xiaogang, and it was because of him that the little girl had to undergo such harsh training for the past few days.

" Cough! Erlong, don't worry; have some faith in our daughter. " How sharp were his senses?

Grandmaster naturally heard it and could only cough to elevate the embarrassment.

It was late in the evening when they reached the academy, and both of them decided to go straight back to their home.

Unlike the past, now it was Erlong's duty to prepare the medicinal bath for the little girl; her actions were quick, and within a few minutes, the water was ready.

She gently placed Little Yan and walked out of the bathroom; according to Yu Yan's current physique, she would absorb all the nutrients within ten minutes.

After ten minutes, Erlong walked back in and picked her daughter, carefully dried off all the water, and changed her clothes. Finally, she placed the sleeping girl on the bed and stepped out of the room.

Grandmaster's willpower and mental strength have always been stronger than other people's. It may be because of the constant suffering over the past few decades. Hence, Xiaogang could control the evil fire within his body for a few days.

Over the past few days, due to Little Yan's training in Sunset forest, he did not get a chance to be intimate with his wife. Although he felt uncomfortable, still, he could bear it.

" Wu! " As soon as Erlong entered the room, Xiaogang picked and tossed her on the bed, and he climbed on top of her. The evil fire, which he had been controlling for the last couple of days, broke out. It was destined to be a sleepless night for both of them.

[ Next Morning. ]

' Hiss! ' Erlong, who had just woken up, felt sore all over; she glared at the man peacefully sleeping next to her. To take revenge, she could not help but bite on Xiaogang's shoulders.

Unlike what she had imagined, Xiaogang didn't feel a thing; instead, her teeth ached.

" Get up! Xiaogang, you still dare to sleep. " Feeling the pain in her teeth, Erlong shouted and pushed him off the bed.

" What happened to you? It is still early; go back to bed. " He yawned, stood up, and laid on the bed again.

For the first time, Erlong felt so helpless, she snorted, walked out of the room, and decided not to talk to him for the next few days.

Xiaogang smirked as soon as she left and decided to take this opportunity to break through to the next level. After confirming that Erlong has left, he entered the small space within the black pearl.

Looking at the familiar scene, Xiaogang walked a few steps forward and sat cross-legged beneath the divine core. He meditated for a few minutes to maintain his peak status.

After a few moments, Xiaogang opened his eyes and started absorbing strand after strand of energy from the divine core. Unlike in the past, it took more amount of energy to break through the next level.

Soon, his level started rising 53, 54... and stopped at rank-60 five spirit-ringed spirit-king.

With a single thought, strands of energy from the divine core formed a white-spirit ring above his head. Soon, it started absorbing the wisps of energy, and the color of the spirit-ring changed from white to yellow, purple, and black.

Unlike the past, the spirit-ring did not stop after reaching this stage; instead, it continued to swallow the energy from the divine core. Its color continued to deepen, and slowly it changed from black to red.

After looking at the blood-red spirit-ring above his head, Xiaogang stopped transferring the energy from the divine core.

Even he was curious about the benefits he would obtain after absorbing this hundred-thousand-year-old spirit-ring.

Without delaying any further, Xiaogang summoned his martial spirit, and an illusionary black dragon appeared behind him. The red spirit-ring started to condense as it slowly descended and stopped just right over his head.

Instantly, a large amount of energy entered within him, spreading to all parts of his body, tempering his cells, organs, muscles, bones, and skin. Overall, it would not be bad to say that his body ushered in an evolution.

' Click! ' Xiaogang instantly circulated, absorbed the energy according to Devouring Codex, and after few moments, he heard a shattering sound from within, and his cultivation technique advanced to the next level.

Apart from the energy absorbed by the current three spirit cores, a new set of another three spirit cores formed within his body, which absorbed the rest of the energy provided by the spirit-ring.

As soon as the new set of spirit cores formed, he successfully absorbed the spirit-ring and broke through rank-61 spirit-emperor. Moreover, his innate devouring domain awakened completely.

Xiaogang clenched his fist and felt that he could go toe to toe against a rank-95 Title-Douluo even without using the boost provided by his spirit-bones and the second martial spirit.

Now within his body, he has six spirit cores, and the new ones revolved around the bigger ones.

He did not continue to stay in the small space and returned to his room. After a quick shower, he walked out of the building and went to the training ground to practice his spear techniques.