Chapter 83

' Sigh! ' Xiaogang looked at the Fifteen Ton douluo's corpse and decided to give the latter a proper burial. He stepped forward, took away his storage tool, and buried the latter's body under a tree.

Xiaogang's body's recovery was also better than most other spirit-masters, and the injuries inflicted by Fifteen Ton douluo had already healed.

After looking at his tattered clothes, Xiaogang took out a new pair and quickly changed. Although, after breaking through the next realm was a happy occasion; still, there was something Xiaogang needed to do before he could celebrate.

He had not forgotten about the spirit-emperor, who had survived and escaped. Xiaogang rushed towards the direction he had fled; while speeding, he thought that the spirit-emperor would not be stupid enough to rush directly to the Spirit City.

He was more likely to stop and inform everything to the nearest branch and ask for support at the same time. Keeping this in mind, Xiaogang rushed straight to the nearest city.

Soon, he arrived at one of the small connecting cities between the Heaven Dou City and Silvers City. He had visited this city once or twice in the past while traveling through the continent.

The checking at the city gate was way too relaxed as compared to the big cities, and almost anyone could enter the city if they were able to take out enough gold coins.

Xiaogang also paid a few gold coins and easily entered the city, after which he took out a new black cloak to cover his identity. One of the advantages of Spirit Hall being famous was that its branches were easily accessible.

Sure enough, as soon as he arrived outside the Spirit Hall branch, Xiaogang sensed that the spirit-emperor was really here.

With Xiaogang's current speed, even Titled douluo would find it difficult to counter, let alone the people in the building. Unknown to them, he was already in the building.

The unknown spirit-emperor spoke, " The quest this time is important, and for its completion, even the sixth Elder himself shot to stop the attacker. "

He continued, " I have a bad feeling. If the attacker were to reach this place, all of you have to distract him for the time being till I return with support from the Spirit City. "

Hearing this, the branch leader's face became dark, and he cursed the spirit-emperor, who was sitting in front of him. In other words, he treated his branch as bait to save himself.

The branch leader wanted nothing more than to slap the spirit-emperor in front of him to death. Yet the rules of the Spirit Hall bound him.

It was at this time, both of them heard a lazy voice, " Oh! Now that I am already here. Why don't you tell me what exactly is your quest this time? "

This voice shocked both of them, and as they looked in the direction from where the sound originated, they found a black-clothed man sitting lazily.

Seeing him, beads of sweat appeared on the forehead of the spirit-emperor, and he said, " H...How can you be here? Where is Elder Fifteen Ton douluo? " His voice was already shaking as he spoke.

Xiaogang grinned and said, " Are you talking about that white-clothed Old Man? I already sent him to hell, and now it is your turn. " He replied in a hoarse voice, yet his tone was playful.

The branch leader on the side was already too afraid to act; moreover, after hearing Xiaogang's words, he froze on the spot and fell on the floor.

The spirit-emperor, on the other hand, was in no better condition than the branch leader. Although he was already prepared for the worst-case scenario yet the mere presence of Xiaogang put a lot of pressure on him.

The spirit-emperor said, " I... Don't kill me. " He spoke in a trembling voice.

Xiaogang shook his head and regretfully said, " This is not what I want to hear. " He vanished in front of them, appeared in front of the spirit-emperor, and under the latter's frightened look, he stabbed his spear through the latter's heart.

Xiaogang turned around and looked at the branch leader and asked him the same question, " Now tell me, what quest is worth a Titled douluo's life? "

The branch leader, who was already frightened, stutteringly spoke, " My lord, I don't know. " He only wished that this devil would leave him alive. "

Xiaogang frowned slightly and did not think that the spirit-emperor would be so cautious. He ignored the person, walked forward, and searched the spirit-emperor's corpse.

Apart from a storage tool, he did not find anything important. Suddenly, Xiaogang thought of something and quickly looked inside the storage tool.

After taking a look, his eyes shined and a smile formed on his face. He never expected that within the spirit-emperor's storage tool, he would find a few spirit-bones.

Xiaogang would not have shown such expression if they were ordinary spirit-bones. There were 5 spirit-bones present in the tool; moreover, the lowest was from at least a 10,000 years old spirit-beast.

Although he was not sure for whom these spirit-bones were prepared, Xiaogang still had some guesses. Anyways, now that spirit-bones has fallen into his hands, the Spirit Hall can be said to be unlucky.

Still, he had to admit that there are some smart people present in the Spirit Hall. Otherwise, how could they place such important treasure in a spirit-emperor's storage tool?

Now that Xiaogang's business here was finished, and felt that there was no point in staying this place any longer. He glanced at the frightened branch leader, and after a thought, Xiaogang flicked his hand, and a spear passed through the latter's chest, ending his life.

Xiaogang stored both of their corpses in one of the storage tools and vanished from the room. Soon, he walked out of the city and dealt with the dead bodies.