Chapter 89

Xiaogang thought to himself, ' What could make him go out in person? Things seemed to be more serious than he had imagined. Pity, as he removed the pressure, Wang Fang could not endure it any longer and collapsed.

He picked up the unconscious man and walked out of the room. Xiaogang left him outside the shop at which he was drinking tea.

Finally, Xiaogang decided to swagger straight into the Spirit City. He hated the Blue Lightning Tyrant Dragon clan more than anyone else; yet, at this moment, Xiaogang took out the clan's token.

He decided to use both his identities, the young master of Blue Lightning Tyrant Dragon and ' Dragon King ' of Heaven Dou Empire. Any one of the two identities would cause Spirit Hall to treat the person cautiously. Let alone Xiaogang, who represented two different forces.

At present, the Spirit Hall was not so aggressive and would not do anything funny. Moreover, Xiaogang's strength was not for show, and he could leave anytime he wanted.

Xiaogang quickly changed into the royal outfit, made for him by the Heaven Dou Empire. His robe was black with a golden dragon pattern on the back.

Just by changing his clothes, a noble aura radiated from Xiaogang's body. If Xiaogang before was approachable, now he truly fitted the title of ' Dragon King. '

The entrance of Spirit City was not far from the town, and after a few moments, Xiaogang stopped at the front of the gigantic gate. Even after not seeing it for decades, Xiaogang still could not forget the magnificent city.

Due to Spirit City's unusual location, the finest granite was used to build the gigantic forty-meters high city walls. As Xiaogang approached the entrance, a group of guards stopped him.

One of the guards, wearing silver-colored armor, stepped forward and asked, " Your excellency, who are you? " After looking at Xiaogang's royal clothes, he decided to act politely.

Xiaogang chuckled and said, " Dragon King from Heaven Dou Empire. " At the same time, he released a part of spirit-power, and an overbearing pressure matching his title burst from his body.

A look of shock appeared in the guard's eyes, and he hastily said, " Greetings, your majesty, ' Dragon King. ' " Obviously, as the leader among them, he had seen many characters, and a king was not enough to let him be polite. Yet, after feeling the spirit-power fluctuations radiating from Xiaogang's body, his mentality changed.

The guard himself was a spirit-king, and still, he could feel a great sense of danger from Xiaogang's body. It could only mean one thing that the latter's rank was much higher than him.

The guard waved his hand and gestured the rest of them to return to their positions. He then said, " Sir, please follow me. " Unlike others, Xiaogang did not have to wait in the line and walked through the gate.

The guard introduced himself, " Sir, I am Lin Kai, and I will be your guide. "

Xiaogang playfully looked at Lin Kai and asked, " Are you keeping an eye on me or really willing to be my guide? "

Lin Kai's body stiffened for a second after hearing this, after which he laughed embarrassedly and said, " Sir, how can this be. " Although he did not know Xiaogang's purpose, still, such a person posed as a threat to the city. Hence Lin Kai decided to keep an eye on him.

He asked, " Sir, where do you want to visit? " Lin Kai could only act as a guide and change the topic.

The playfulness in Xiaogang's eyes grew, yet he did not dismantle this farce. He stroked his chin and said, " Show me the way to Supreme Pontiff Palace; I don't have much time. " To him, it did not matter if a spirit-king followed him. If the latter had any funny ideas, Xiaogang could always send him to hell.

" Sup...Supreme Pontiff Palace? " Lin Kai asked uncertainly and to which Xiaogang nodded. He said, " Are you willing or not? I can always find a new guide."

Lin Kai thought for a moment before he nodded, and both of them walked through the crowded streets of the Spirit City. The Supreme Pontiff Palace was located at the heart of the city.

Only after a few minutes, a magnificent palace appeared in front of their eyes. After looking at it, a complex emotion flashed in Xiaogang's eyes, and he thought in his heart, ' She is within this palace. '

It had been a long time since he came to this place. Everything here reminded him of that tragedy. Xiaogang took a deep breath and adjusted his mood. He looked at Lin Kai and motioned him to follow.

As Xiaogang took a step forward, a group of palace guard knights blocked his way and said, " This is a restricted area. Any trespassers kill without mercy. "

Xiaogang indifferently gazed at the place guards and calmly said, " I am here to meet the Supreme Pontiff. Tell him, ' Dragon King ' is here. "

From the silver armor, guards wore it was evident that their authority was the same as Lin Kai. Seeing that the guards still had their weapons pointed at him, Xiaogang glanced at Lin Kai and gestured him to talk.

Lin Kai walked forward and whispered something to the guards in an inaudible voice, after which one of them rushed away and returned with another man wearing gold armor.

From the color of the armor itself, one could guess that he was the leader. Lin Kai walked forward, gave him a military salute, and again whispered in an inaudible voice.

After which, the man wearing the gold armor nodded and said, " Sir, please come with me. " Xiaogang was no stranger to this place; he nodded and followed the man.

After a few moments, they stopped outside a hall. The guard asked him to wait inside for a while. Even without the guard's introduction, he knew that this was the official meeting hall.

Under the guard's astonished gaze, Xiaogang skillfully opened the door, walked inside, poured himself the top quality tea, and sat down. For a second, even the guard got confused as to whether this person lived here or not.

The guard did not think any further; he walked out of the hall and went to report everything to one of the cardinals.