~|31|~

TRAVIS
<~EDITED~>

I knew it wasn't gonna be easy getting Mona back. I knew it before I rang the doorbell.

I knew it when she came in my sight all beautiful in a pair of jeans and my sweatshirt. Her hair in braids,gathered at the top of her head.

There were bags under her eyes which meant she hadn't been getting much sleep and my chest hurt at tge thought that maybe it was my fault.

What was surprising was how big our baby had grew this past few weeks. She looked really beautiful. She stared at me with her dark brown eyes I missed so much.

Her lips were parted and I so much wanted to kiss her senseless but they'd be time for that....Hopefully.

I almost lost hope when she screamed at me before slamming the door on my face.Mona had always been a tough woman so I wasn't surprised at how she reacted.

It didn't mean it hurt any less. I hurt her by not being here but I don't think that was all.

And I was going to find out.

"Mona I'm not leaving till you talk to me!!" I yelled knocking on the door,before resting my head on it.

She didn't answer but I knew she was still by the door,because I could hear her muffled sobs.

My heart clenched uncomfortably.

I never ever want to make Mona cry. No matter how I try,I'm still going to make her cry,it's unavoidable but what I can do is be there for her but she's not letting me.

She screamed louder and I closed my eyes to avoid tears from welling up. Why won't she just let me hold her??.

"Mona...ple-ase" my vioce cracked.

"Leave Travis! Just leave!!"

"I'm not leaving you while you're like this!"

"Just go back to your legal family. They need you more than I and my baby do!"

Huh? What is she talking about??.

"Mona open the door and explain to me what you mean!"

I couldn't hear her cries anymore and I quickly got worried.

"Mona?" The door opened slowly.

I watched as her crying figure pounced on me. She held my waist tightly as she buried her face on my chest. I held her just as tight and let her cry.

"I'm sorry" I whispered kissing her sweaty head.

"You see what you've done to me?!Why did you do this to me Travis?! Why?! What did you gain from breaking my heart!!?" She pounded on my chest and I let her.

It was surprising seeing Mona like this and I hated myself more. I never meant to break a hardy woman like her to pieces.

"W-hy??" She choked on a sob.

"Why didn't you tell me you were engaged Travis?" Her vioce was calm now.

Void of any emotion.

"I was never engaged Mona" I admitted.

"I saw your fucking picture with your wife" she scoffed.

"Mona. A lot has happened this past month and if you'd just let me explain then you'd understand I was never engaged" I stared at her glossy eyes.

She was quiet as she looked at my face to decipher if she could trust me or my words.

"I promise I wasn't Mona" I said.

"Fine. I'll let you explain"she sighed and pulled away from our embrace. I immediately missed her warmth.

"Come in" she cleared her throat.

|<♡>|

"So what you're saying is that Elaine was your ex and she was in trouble and your dad threatened you by promising to hurt me?" She asked skeptically.

We were in her living room and were seated beside each other as I told her everything.

"Yes" I replied.

I watched all the emotions swirl in her eyes. She was confused,relieved,sad,happy,and hesitant.

"I'm not lying Mona. I can call Elaine and ask her to tell you everything" I offered but she shook her head.

"You don't need to. I...I believe..you" she confessed.

Overwhelming relief washed over me and I sighed.

A pregnant silence filled the air as I watched her stroke her bump and it was a lovely sight.

Even with her teary face.

"I missed you Mona. More than you'd ever imagine" I admit.

I wish she'd just let me kiss her. Just once. I missed the taste and feel of her lips.

She bit her lip and it wasn't helping my urge. I wanted to replace my teeth with hers right now.

"I missed you too" she slowly smiled at me and I swear it took my breath away.

I missed that smile. Heck I missed everything about her.

"Can I kiss you now?" I blurted out.

She bit her lip again shyly looking away from me while playing with her fingers and I couldn't help the smile that shown on my face.

Mona was never shy.

"You can" she mumbled and I didn't need to be told twice

I grabbed her face and crashed my lips on hers. I didn't kiss her slowly. I kissed her like a starving man.

I kissed her like it was the last time. I ravaged her mouth with mine and after I pulled away her lip was red and her eyes clouded with need.

"Keep looking at me like that and I'll take this to the bedroom" I teased with a smirk.

"What's stopping you?" I was honestly surprised at her reply.

"Are you sure?" I asked staring at her eyes intently. The last time we made love she accused me of using for sex.

I didn't want that again.

She kissed me slowly,teasing my lips and I growled softly.

"Is that an answer?" She whispered on my lips and all doubt flew out the window as I picked her up, bridal style.

I laid her on her bed.

"Are you still sure about this? We could jus--"

"Shut up and kiss me moron" she shut me up with her lips.

I fucking missed her.

*****

The picture above is what I imagined Travis to look like.

Don't forget to comment and vote too!