~|26|~

TRAVIS
<~EDITED~>

"Bitch!" He bellowed as he punched me in my gut before landing another on my already swollen face.

I grunted in pain.

"You thought you could hide that from me huh??" He punched me again.

My face throbbed. I could barely open my right eye as i fought to stay conscious. I gritted my teeth.

"If I wasn't tied to this chair I'd have broken a rib or two on you!" I spat at him.

"We all know you've always been weak boy" he laughed in my face,mocking me.

Oh. God he's right. That's why he's always hated me. Because i wasn't as ruthless as he was.

"For my plans to work I have to get rid of her now" he says thoughtfully as he wiped the blood off his stained knuckles.

My heartbeat jumped as fear settled in the pit of my aching stomach "Dad. No no. Don't you dare touch a hair on her!" I snapped.

"Tsk tsk tsk. I don't take orders from you" he snarled and I let myself calm down.

I need to reason with him. I can't let anything happen to my Mona or our baby.

"Dad. Please just leave her alone ok. I'll do whatever you want me too" I begged as the thought of mona or my baby being hurt flashed in my head.

No. I won't take it. I won't survive it.

"What are you gonna do?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

I don't respond. It was rhetorical  question.

He picked up his phone. "Dager? Get the girl" he ordered.

"Dad please! Leave Mona alone!!" I yelled struggling against the ropes i was tied with.

"Then drop her" he sighed lazily as he stared at me with a disregarding look on his face.

"Fine. I'll drop her" I nodded "Just please leave her alone. Please" I begged.

The thought alone of him hurting my family is haunting enough.

"Darger. You can leave her alone" he said with that annoying smirk of his. It fueled my desire to take him down.

My heart hurt when i thought of how I'm hurting mona but i prefer her hating me than her dying.

MONA

I waited.

I waited for Travis but he didn't come back. I tried calling his phone but it didn't go through. Everytime, since he left his phone was unreachable.

I was getting slightly worried but I'm sure he's just busy. But he promised he'll be here for the appointment

I called doc Samantha to extend the appointment for tomorrow instead. I wanted Travis to be there.

I stopped going to work completely. But I do work from home whenever I'm less busy,which is all the time.

Gosh I really needed a life.

I decided on going to my parents house. My mom is my only friend. I called her informing her of my visit and She suggested going shopping for baby clothes which I happily agreed to. I'm just glad things are going smoothly.

I took a quick shower then slid on my outfit. I wore a pair of sweatpants and Travis's hoodie,it was December and the harmattan air was really cold. It smelt just like him.

I missed him more now. My shoulders slumped in sadness. I sighed and forced a smile on my face.

I drove straight to pick up my
mom before we got on our shopping spree. I would have preferred shopping online but bonding with my Mom sounds so much better.

I missed her too. Before telling her about my pregnancy I had been avoiding her like the plague. This shopping spree would make up for the guilt that ate at me.

"Hi Mommy" I pulled her into a hug.

"Hi Mona. Ready for baby shopping?" She asked excitedly before entering the car.

"Of course" I giggled at her excitement before getting into the car too.

I drove to ShopRite.

4 hours later and a Lot of going back and forth with mom over buying more boy clothes or girl's.

Finally we settled on unisex clothing. For now.

I drove back to my house. I excitedly checked out all the things we bought,ranging from clothes,shoes,toys,hats,socks,.....we went all out.

I was exhausted from all the 'working'. Mom offered to preparing dinner for me which I politely declined but she refused.

She wanted to cook for her grandbaby.

"They'll now be calling your baby half-caste" mom finished with a laugh.

I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Mommy" I teased taking a bite of my moi moi (beancake) that she so insisted on preparing.

"It's true na. Ah! The baby would be very fine o. Look at the way Travis is so handsome" she rambled.

At the mention of Travis I slumped on my chair.

I grabbed my phone dialling his number again but as since yesterday it can't be reached.

I had to hold in my tears. Mom noticed because she paused her rambling.

"Monachim? What is the matter??" She asked worriedly.

"It's nothing mommy" I shook my head while avoiding her eyes as i sniffled.

I took another bite of my food but I couldn't swallow it. I suddenly lost my appetite.

"Tell me what's wrong now?" She demanded.

I sucked in a shaky breath.

"It's...Travis. I've been trying his phone but it's not going through" I complained.

"He's probably just busy na. Don't worry" she assured me with a warm smile.

I so much didn't want to worry but something was just clawing at my chest like...... something was definitely wrong.

Before going to bed at the end of the day I said a prayer for him. He should be safe. For me. For our family.

*******Thanks for reading!!