~|22|~

MONA'S POV
<~EDITED~>

"What about work?" I asked Travis after our lunch. We were on the couch just enjoying each other's company.

"Don't worry about it" he dismissed.

"You can't buy a house in Nigeria,while your company is all the way in new York" I frowned at him. It didn't make sense.

A lot of things didn't make sense with him.

"And I said you don't have to worry about it" he said.

"I can't let you do that because of me" I shook my head.

"Who said it was cause of you" he cocked an amused eye brow at me.

"Oh. Sorry then" I looked away feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Of course it's cause of you" he chuckles amusedly at my irritated pout.

I rolled my eyes, ignoring him.

"I'll go back to New York,and I'll swing by here every weekend. Happy?" He informed.

"Yes" I smiled at him and he grinned back.

~TWO WEEKS LATER~

I just got home from work. It was Friday and I was excited. Why? Travis was visiting tomorrow.

He's been visiting every weekend for the past two weeks. Tomorrow makes it the third week he'll be with me. We're basically "best friends" now. I gave a goofy smile. Friends don't kiss and stuff.

And we've been doing more than just kissing.

I picked up my phone deciding to call him. I missed his voice,even though we talked all night last night.

"Hey Mona" his deep voice said. He sounded tired.

"Hey. You ok?" I pulled off my sandals and strode to my living room.

"Yeah,just exhausted" he admitted.

I plopped on the couch.

"I miss you" I blurted out.

I quickly covered my mouth,in shock. It just like, came out. Well it was true. I did miss him but it didn't mean he needed to hear it.

"I miss you too" I could hear the smile in his voice which made my heart flutter.

We talked for while. I had dinner still on the phone with him. I had a quick shower before going back to talking to him.

We talked right till I was ready for bed. I brought out my baby's sonogram and stroked it. I unconsciously smiled.

"You 'bout to go to sleep?" He asked.

"Yeah" I yawned,while rubbing my sleepy eyes.

"Oh. Ok" he sounded disappointed which made me giggle softly.

"I thought you were exhausted" I mused.

"You're my stress reliever" he said matter of fact-ly.

I blushed,rolling my eyes playfully and bit my lips to stop the stupid smile that formed on my face.

"You're such a smooth talker" I teased.

"And I thought you wanted to go to sleep" he chuckled lowly.

I stared at the sonogram deep in thought.

"Do you ever wanna have kids?" I thought out loud.

He was quiet and I thought the worse. I bit my lip in anticipation of what was going to be his answer.

"I do wanna have kids....with you" he says quietly almost sounding scared of my reaction.

I gasped softly. My heartbeat raced as hot tears threatened to fall. Of all things he had to say that!. It was literally the sweetest thing any one has ever said to me.

"Mona? Why are you crying? Did I say something wrong??" He asked frantically, he's voice filled with worry and regret and a tinge of hurt.

"N-no. Everything's fine" I rasped out.

"Mona I--" I hung up.

The tears wouldn't stop. I hugged my baby's sonogram in my chest crying silently.

I didn't know when I fell asleep.

|<♡>|

I opened the door,letting Travis in. For the first time in two weeks,it was quiet and awkward. I didn't like it one bit. Normally we'd be smiling and hugging. Sometimes we'd share a kiss but not today and it was all my fault.

"Hey" I let out,walking to the couch and taking a seat.

"Hi" his lips were pursed and he looked a bit distracted.

"Travis?" I called.

"Yeah?" He looked at me.

"You ok?"

He sighed taking a seat beside me. My hands flew to my belly,stroking it. I was nervous.

Last night,I decided I was gonna tell him. Actually seeing him now made me rethink it. He didn't look like he was in a good mood.

"I'm sorry about what I said last night" he started as we made eye contact.

I bit my lip, looking away.

"Do you really hate the thought of us being together that much?" The amount of hurt in his voice made tears well up in my eyes.

I quickly shook my head. I wanted to tell him that wasn't true. I did want to be with him. I closed my mouth with my palm, when a wave of Nausea hit me.

"I-I know you--" he starts.

"Hold that thought" I rushed out of the living room to the guest bathroom.

I fell to my knees and then heaved into the toilet.

"Mona?" Travis anxiously called out.

I felt him rub my back soothingly. My nausea was the worst these past few days. I couldn't wait for it to just end.

"That's it. You're going to the hospital" he frowned at me.

I shook my head. When I was done,I stood with the help of Travis on wobbly legs. I washed my mouth with mouthwash and flushed the toilet. I needed to tell him.

"I'm taking you to the hospital Mona. You look sick" he reasoned.

"I'm fine Travis" I assured him.

"Well you don't look fine to me" he retorted.

I sighed.

"Travis....I-I need to tell you something" I said stroking my slightly protruding belly.

"Ok. What is it?" He sounded impatient and slightly irritated. Probably because i didn't want to go the hospital.

"I...I..I er I" I stuttered, avioding his probing eyes.

This was harder than I thought.

"Mona spit it out" Travis says impatiently.

I stroked my belly harder.

"I'm pregnant!"

****** Vote and comment!