~|9|~

TRAVIS'S POV
<~EDITED~>

"You're getting married to Elaine" my dad said.

"Is that why you called me from work dad?" He had called me from work saying he had something very important to tell me.

That was what's important??. I had to hold in my eye roll.

"Precisely yes" he hummed.

I kissed my teeth. He's not gonna like what I'm gonna say but I'll say it either way.

"I'm not marrying Elaine" I quipped.

He paused his search in his wine collection to stare at me. He was quiet for a while before he chuckled softly.

"It's ok if you wanna wait a little longer. You can still get engaged tho" he finally picked a wine bringing it out and placing it on his desk.

I sighed audibly. He misunderstood me completely.

"No dad. You don't get it.......I'm breaking up with Elaine" I said slowly.

His eyes snapped to mine. His jaw set,lips in a grim line.

"You will do no such thing!" He boomed.

"Dad look I know you like Elaine. I do too but she's not someone I wanna settle down with" I stood up from the plush couch I sat on.

"And why is that hmm?? You've been together for 7 years" He reminded.

"Yes I know that but I'm not in love with her. Not anymore" I said firmly.

"F**k love!" He spat "I thought I loved your mother. Look where it got us!"

I stared at him slightly stunned at his outburst. I've only seen him this angry once and I like not to think about it.

"You don't need love to get married son. You know her she's knows you. You have the same goals. What else do you want?" He finished taking a swing of the bottle of Scotch he took from his collection.

"Dad we both know the reason why you and Mom didn't work out." I gritted out.

"You're getting married to Elaine. That's it" he smartly changed topic unless we're gonna be here arguing to no end.

It's not like we're not gonna argue about this too.

"No I'm not and that's it " I reprimanded.

"I'm warning you son or else" he threatened narrowing his eyes to slits.

I simply rolled my eyes at him not taking his threats to heart at all.

"Or what?"I challenged. "It's my life dad. I'm not gonna let you fuck it up like you did yours" with that I stormed out of his office.

I whipped out my car keys knowing exactly where to go. Mom.

I parked outside mom's penthouse and sighed. I got out of the car, walking into the apartment, I couldn't help but think back to the encounter with my dad.

I'm surprised i was calm. Even with knowing what i knew i managed to not blow up in his face. I like to think it's because i no longer cared and i don't care anymore because of her.

"Mom!" I called out stepping into the house with the spare keys she gave me three years earlier.

"In the kitchen honey!" She yelled back.

That's when the smell of her chicken curry hit me. I walked into the kitchen and saw mom with an apron on and her blonde hair in a messy bun.

She was dressed in sweatpants and a matching sweatshirt. If someone else saw her they'd be surprised to see the Claire Belle in simple sweat pants. Being a big time  France based fashion designer and all.

"Hey Mom" I kissed her cheeks,before sitting down.

"Hi Travis" she wiped her hands with a clean towel before joining me on the chairs by the kitchen Island.

"What brings you here?" She asks me.

"Dad and I got into an argument. Again" I sighed,sliding my hands down my face.

"About what?"

"Marriage. As usual" I chuckled humourlessly. "He's forcing me to marry Elaine mom" I said seriously.

"Ughh why is he so controlling!" I groaned loudly.

Mom was earily quiet.

"Mom?" I stared at her. It seemed she had spaced out.

"Y--yeah. Sorry. Just remembered something." She says dismissively. "So your dad huh?."

"I don't want to marry Elaine" I whined.

"I know honey and you're not gonna" she tells me.

"I miss her" I whispered after a while of comfortable silence.

"I know you do" mom smiles.
Seemingly knowing who I was talking about.

"I'll check on the curry" she got up walking to the cooker oven where the food was.

|<°>|

"I could just say I just stopped by to check on things?" I suggested.

Mom shook her head.

"Check on what?. Her employees update you on all that's happening so I don't see why you need to go there. That's not a good enough excuse" she says.

"Then I'll just bring up that night?" I sighed.

Who knew coming up with an excuse to visit the girl you love would be exhausting?.

We were just finished eating lunch when mom suggested we do this.Mom thought about it for a while before pursing her lips and nodding slowly.

"Ok. You could do that" she agreed,shrugging her shoulders.

That's all I wanted to hear. I left the house dialing my pilot. This time I'm using the private jet.

****

I was giddy through out the drive to Mona's company. I felt like a love sick teenager again. I cringed hard at that.

The car stopped and I didn't wait for the chauffeur to open the door for me. I practically sprinted out.

I walked passed the reception getting into the elevator. When I got out at Mona's floor I met a guy. Her assistant if i remember correctly.

"Er hi sir can I help you??" He asked nervously.

"I want to speak to Mona" I said masking my eagerness with a cool tone of vioce.

"Oh erm. Is anything wrong??" I glared at him.

He stepped back fumbling with his phone before dialing who I think is Mona.

I smiled.

"You can go in sir" he said after he hung up.

I didn't have to be told twice.

I sauntered into her spacious, lilac painted office. She sat stunned staring at me with her dark brown eyes that glinted under the sunlight.

"Travis" my name slipped through her mouth like silk.

I loved it.

*****What do you think about this chapter??. It's my favorite so far.

Don't forget to vote and comment:-)