~|8|~

MONA'S POV
<~EDITED~>

"What do you want?" I gritted out.

"Ah ah ah Mona. I mean no harm,just wanted to invite you to my little get together tomorrow. I'm sure Amara told you right?"he said.

I didn't say anything back, i just glared intensely at the wall in front of me.

"I'll take that as a yes. You see I just got back from Germany and I wanted to see all my friends"he continued.

I rolled my eyes angrily.

"Well we aren't friends so I don't see why I'm invited" I retorted.

"Really Mona?. Of course you're my friend....even though we had a falling out" he chided,sighing at the end of his speech.

Oh so cheating on me with my best friend was considered a falling out now?. I never knew.

"We're not friends." was all I said. My fingers were cramping from how tightly i was holding my phone.

"Come on Mona don't be like that" he sounded amused.

It pissed me off.

"Let's make amends"he says.

What does he mean by that?.

"What?" I was genuinely confused.

"Look I Know what I did was shitty. I wanna make amends"

I still don't get it.

"What amends?" I asked him.

"I wanna get back together. We never really called it off"

"I would rather dance naked around ikoyi market square than get back together with you" I spat. And I meant every single word.

What is this? Is he crazy or what?. Or did he leave half his brain back in Germany?. The audacity.

He was silent.

"Look Michael. I don't know what you're playing at but leave me alone. Go back to your whore chizoba and leave me the f**k alone! Block my number!. Infact I'll block you myself!. If you see me on the road follow another route cause if I ever lay my eyes on you only God knows what I'll do to you asshole!" I hung up after my rant. I flung my phone on the bed angrily and got up.

How he got my phone number I don't know but I have a slight knowledge of who had given him.

Amara. Of course. How dare she?.

I was heaving with anger.

The last time I was this angry was when I caught him and my so called 'friend' on his bed in his apartment 4 years ago.

That was also the last time I saw him cause 3 days after, he left for Germany and my so called 'friend' chizoba? I don't know and I really didn't care.

I just don't understand why I felt like crying. I never shed a single tear after his betrayal and I'm not gonna cry now.

I blinked rapidly to avoid the tears that threatened to fall. I decided on taking a warm shower.

After my shower mom called asking why I left abruptly and I told her I needed to get up early tomorrow for an important meeting.

She hung up not before advicing me to take it easy and not stress myself too much. I had promised I wouldn't wishing her a goodnight.

I fell asleep immediately my head touched my pillow. The next day I woke up late. Again.

I didn't have time to look into why I had been waking up late for a few days now. I was running late for work.

I wore a simple dark pink dress (dress above) and black pumps. Deciding on going makeup free today. I grabbed my bag before leaving.

I was hurrying to work so i took short cuts. Tho the short cut had bad roads that could damage my car i risked it. Taking a left turn,my eyes widened as i shuffled my feet on the car's break.

No no no. I chanted as my car screeched,probably leaving marks on the asphalt, to an abrupt stop. I hurried out of my car to see who i almost ran over. My eyes further widened as i took in who i was looking at.

She looked just as shocked as i was.

"Chizoba?" I questioned as i scanned her.

She looked different from the last time i saw her. Her hair was in cornrows that had aged and in dire need to be loosed. She was dressed in a blue gown and had a red cloth tied around her round waist.

Her skin lost it's shine completely. Not to talk of the child she held by he's hand by her side staring at me innocently.

"Monachim?" She lets out as she aviods my eyes.

I stared at her,then glanced at the child. I didn't God to come down and tell that he was Michael's son.

My eyes darted back to her and i sighed.

"Are you alright?" I asked her.

She nods quickly with her head bowed.

"Are you sure?" I further asked because of her child.

"Yes yes. I'm sorry" She nervously said.

"Why are you apologising?" I shook my head not really caring for her answer "If you're fine then I'll take my leave now"

I smiled at the child before leaving.

When I got to the office my work had piled making me regret skipping yesterday. I was becoming too lazy.

I didn't like it.

I tried drinking coffee again. It didn't go well. Today instead of feeling just sick I actually threw up.

Coffee isn't my best friend anymore.

I ignored the weird look my PA was giving me when I came back from the bathroom.

"You can go James" I dismissed him.

"Are--are you ok madam?" He asked hesitantly.

"I'm fine" I sighed sitting back on my chair.

"Ok" he nodded before walking out.

I rubbed my face.

I focused back on my work. But my mind kept playing over the earlier events. Isn't it strange that chizoba and micheal are back in my life at the same time?. I tried not to let it get to me as i waved those thoughts away.

My telephone rang and I groaned at being disturbed.

I picked up and it was my assistant.

"Mam Mr Travis malifeci wants to see you"He related and I perked up.

I pulled my bottom lip into my mouth"Erm. Ok let him in" he hummed before hanging up.

Why was Travis here now?. My mind trailed back to almost four weeks ago and I froze.It was Travis I had a one night stand with!. Why am i so shocked? It's not like i didn't have a fleeting suspicion that it was him.

I wanted to call my receptionist and order her not to send him in but it was too late.

He walked in.

In all his handsome,confident glory. He was dressed in a red Italian suit and shiny black equally Italian shoes.

He stood tall staring at me with an unreadable expression.

"Travis" his name slipped before I could stop it.

*******Vote and comment:-)