~|12|~

MONA'S POV
<~EDITED~>

I stared at the Double pink lines on the test blankly. I didn't know what to feel,I didn't know how to feel. I refused to believe it. I don't want to believe it.

I stared at the test like it was from another planet. It probably was. I can't believe this is happening to me.

No no it's not true. I can't be pregnant!. Pregnancy tests can be wrong sometimes. Right?.Yes it's probably just a glitch. I'm not pregnant. Then what explains the puking and eating?? and the most important. I missed my period!.

It's stress. It's just stress. I tried to reassure myself......if I am really pregnant then Travis's the father. The thought scared me beyond words.

Why me?!!

I felt sick again. Whether it was the pregnancy symptoms or something else I don't know but I just felt sick to my stomach.

After throwing up one last time. I decided to skip work to go to the hospital for a proper test.

Chances are that I'm not pregnant and just caught a really bad bug or food poisoning. I texted chike my doctor that I was visiting today.

I drove straight to the hospital after my shower,not wasting anytime.

"Good morning Mona. How can I help you today?"Doc.Chike smiled warmly at me taking a seat on his chair.

"Good morning doctor. I um. Want to get tested for pregnancy" I said taking a seat too.

His smile immediately dropped.

"Okay." He cleared his throat clearly uncomfortable.

Chike was my friend. I guess. He has always had a crush on me since University. He told me when we graduated.

Obviously I didn't return his feelings. I was already seeing Micheal then but we were still friends tho. I guess the pregnancy news made him.....I honestly don't know how it made him feel and i couldn't bring myself to care at the moment.

"I'll send a nurse to get your blood and urine sample for the test" he said indifferently.

I nodded before standing up from the chair and leaving his office. The nurse directed me to a room where she took the necessary samples for the test after giving me a bottle of water for the urinary test.

"So when can I get the results?" I asked the nurse once she came back after taking the samples.

"Later today or tomorrow morning " she answered with a polite smile on her face.

"Ok thank you" I nodded stiffly before leaving.

I met with chike again and he gave me a tight lipped smile that looked alot like a grimace.

I Sighed.

"Bye doctor" I say giving him one last look before stepping out of the hospital.

I drove to work to maybe distract myself from the waiting for the test results. I didn't want to sit at home and slowly wither while waiting for the results that could literally change my life.

James immediately bombarded me with doc's and files.

I groaned.

I will not be lazy. Even if I am pregnant. I internally cringed at myself still not buying the idea of ever becoming a mother.

I drowned myself in work, Ordering food like a maniac.

The next day. Chike called informing me that the tests results were out. I was a nervous wreck.

I told him to email me the results instead of me driving all the way to the hospital and after finding out I'm actually pregnant I'm gonna have an emotional break down.

I'd rather have it at my home by myself.

A few minutes later he sent it. So basically what the results claimed was that I was 101% pregnant. 8 weeks. Chike even texted "congratulations" to me.

I cried. For the first time in my adult life I cried. I bawled. I'm blaming it on my hormones.

I cried for hours. I hated myself for breaking down. And it made me cry more.

What am I gonna tell my parents??. That their daughter got pregnant by a one night stand!?

I worked so hard to make my dad proud and this baby is gonna put all my hard work down the drain.

Why?!.

Abortion was Soo out of the question. I couldn't think of killing an innocent child but i didn't know what to do anymore.

I felt sick again. I rushed to the bathroom to empty my already empty belly. I haven't eaten all day and I think my baby is angry.

My baby

The realisation hit me hard.Yes. It is my baby. No one else's. Mine. I'm done crying. I made my bed by having unprotected sex and not having the decency to take an after pill so I'm gonna lie on it.

I'm taking responsibility for my actions by taking care of this baby by myself. I don't need anyone.

I flushed the toilet and slowly stood up from my crouched position to stare at my reflection. I looked sick. My face was sunken and hollow, My eyes were puffy and red due to all my bawling.

I cringed.

I washed my face, Before walking out of the bathroom. My belly grumbled.

"I know baby. I'll get you food" I whispered to my still flat tummy. Rubbing it softly.

I smiled. I can't believe I'm carrying a whole new life in me. It's honestly scary. But I can handle scary.

I ordered some food and ate before taking a nap. When I woke up my doorbell was ringing non-stop.

I think it's what woke me up.

I stood up from my bed walking down stairs to get the door.

When I opened the door it was my mom. My mom!

"Mommy? What are you doing here?." I questioned nervously.

She stared blankly at me"We need to talk" she said sternly, inviting herself in.

I bit my lip.She always called before visiting.

I broke out in a cold sweat. I forgot to tell chike not to break the news to my parents. Yet.

He was infact our family doctor.

Oh God.

*******Comment and vote^_^!