~|2|~

MONA'S POV
<~EDITED~>

"I knew you'd make me proud again" my dad hugged me and I hugged him back.

I was so happy. But I'm not too surprised. Cocky much?. I internally rolled my eyes at myself.

"God bless you dear" my mom pulled me away from my father and hugged me. I smiled at her.

"Are you going to celebrate?" She questions  and I shook my head as my dad left to make a phone call.

"Why not?" She frowned slightly.

"No reason. I just want to rest now and start with the project tomorrow" I said.

"Oh honey. There's time for all that . Let's celebrate" she urged.

"It's not the first time I've scored a deal mom"  I rolled my eyes.

"I know but this is the biggest of them all. It calls for a celebration!"

I chuckled at her enthusiasm.

"Where's she?!" We heard a female voice shrill.

I rolled my eyes. Seems I'll be doing a lot of it.

Here we go.

"I'm right here!" I called. Amara came into the living room already dressed in a black mini dress. Her hair was in a bone straight black wig and her makeup was on fleek.

She's so lucky daddy already left if not she'd be in hot soup. There's no way she'll be dressed like that without my dad asking where the rest of the dress was.

"I heard the great news and we're going partying right now!" She chirped swinging her purse to the couch.

That's my cousin amarachi.party animal, sexy, ' colourful mouth ', spoiled brat......over all she's a very lovely person.

"No we're not" I shook my head at her and sat on the couch where her purse was.

"Mommy na! Convince her" she whined to my mom like a baby pouting her pink full lips.

I rolled my eyes again. Told you.

"Come on Mona. Just loosen up" my mom says.

I looked between them. They both had their eyebrows up,waiting for my positive reply. I groaned and finally agreed. I probably should have covered my ears cause the squeal Amara let out was deafening.

"We're gonna have sooo much fun!!" She danced around me while I laughed.

My mom shook her head at her niece before leaving.

I just hope I won't regret this. I did need to relax a bit. I've had an excuse of why i couldn't kick back and relax and since the deal was approved i didn't have much of an excuse anymore.

**********

Soon we were at federal palace and casino hotel in Victoria island (pic above).

"What time do they close?" I ask lamely. I wanted to get in and get out. No more less than a drink or two and just leave.

"Oh please" she scoffed " Lagos never sleeps!" She hollered.

Of course she would know that. She was the most outgoing of the both of us even since we we were kids. I shook my head at her.

I was dressed in a black strappy dress. (Courtesy of Amara). I constantly had to adjust the dress cause it was too short. I felt violated. Too much of my fleshy skin was exposed.

The bar looked enteral with all the lights on since it's night. It made the pool that were filled with people glow under them.

"Come on. My friend just texted" she dragged me in.