~|10|~

TRAVIS'S POV
<~EDITED~>

"So I met this guy who was trying to hit on me.........-" I tuned out Judy's voice.

I couldn't forget what happened in Mona's office three days ago. It was all I could think about for the most part. Maybe I should have made a different approach.

(Flashback)

"Travis" my name slipped from her parted lips like silk.

I loved it.

Coming from her it was extra special.

She cleared her throat awkwardly while standing up from her desk chair. She looked even more beautiful than the last time I saw her. She was glowing. Literally.

"Good morning Mr Travis. How can I help you" I hate it when she sounds so professional but it was inevitable.

She certainly didn't sound professional that night when she was begging for more,clawing at my back,with her legs around my waist.

I smirked,walking further towards her.

"I just need to speak to you" she was taken aback but quickly brushed it aside. Her face completely blank again.

"About what?" She sounded like she knew what I wanted to talk about but she wanted to push it back as long as she could.

"About that night" I stared into her dark brown eyes, placing my hands on her desk and leaning my face closer to hers.

Her eyes weren't on mine anymore but my arms. I held in my chuckle.

I think I let it slip cause her eyes snapped to mine in a nanosecond. She moved away from me, walking out from behind her desk closer towards me.

"I'm sorry Mr Travis. But I'm really busy right now"she sounded almost breathless and She cleared her throat to cover it up.

"Mona we're gonna have to talk about it sooner or later" I said truthfully, removing my hands from the desk.

"No we don't. We can just think of it as a one night stand" she shrugged nonchalantly.

I frowned.

It was more than just a one night stand to me but obviously isn't to her.

"I can't" I said making her eyes go wide.

I chuckled. She looked adorable.

"What?" She asked mortified.

"I can't think of it as a one night stand. I can't stop thinking about that night....I can't stop thinking about you " I stood in front of her and cuffed her chin,bringing my face closer to hers.

"I can't" my voice was barely a whisper.

"Why can't you?" I was surprised. Not because of her question but because of the emotion in it.

She looked genuinely confused as her question.

"I l-- I don't know" I decided against telling her my feelings. I didn't want to scare her off. She seemed spooked enough already.

"I just can't. Ok?" I sighed releasing her chin and ran my hands through my hair.

We didn't break eye contact. I moved closer to her. Seeing she didn't step back I tried my luck again. She didn't pull away.

Good.

"I don't want that night to be just a one night stand Mona." I explained.

She looked away.